𝐯. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐫𝐢𝐝𝐠𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐦𝐞𝐞𝐭 𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐡 𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫

TW: Not detailed mentions of physical abuse and sexual harrasment.  

Cold air embraced her shoulders, kissed her cheeks and filled lungs, helping to calm down slowly. Hands trembling, thoughts running from side to side; it had been a long time since she felt such a strong anger. It had been a long time since someone tried to hurt Aemond.

'Aunt Aelina, are you okay?'

Aelina immediately turned around, bumping into Jacaerys. He slightly tugged her by sleeves, bringing them closer as if he was afraid of something. It took her a whole minute to understand that the picture of her, standing on the edge of the roof, was quite funny. Especially after today's events.

'Oh, precious boy, I am not planning to do anything. Let me out.'

How could Aelina ever dream about killing herself? Who will stay by her brother's side then?

'For what happened...'

'No. Don't bring it up.'

With not seeing each other for six years after what happened with Aemond, Jacaerys and Aelina never truly discussed the incident. It was better this way, honestly. And now, when the past was brought up again, she would hate to hear him saying that Baela was right, even though she was.

'Okay. Do you want... Go somewhere?'

'What are you doing here?' she asked instead. 'We are no one to each other. What do you want from me? What goals are you chasing?'

Why would this boy even fuss around her? They meant nothing to each other. They never did. Oh, there were some happy and carefree memories from childhood, but what could they hold now, besides useless sentiments?

Jacaerys sighed.

'Aunt Aelina, we were friends once. And even though I was mad at you for never answering my letters, I continued to write them with a hope that you read them, at least. And... And you were being nice with me today, so, I thought that you, perhaps, despite never answering, still cared about our–'

'What letters?' Aelina interrupted.

She had never got one.

Jacaerys's face fell down as realisation hit him.

'All these six years, every month, I send one to you. I can't believe you... You truly didn't know anything?'

How could it be possible? Was Alicent the one, who never gave it to her? And... Did others know? Aegon? Or maybe... Or maybe, there were no letters at all and all this was an act to make her believe him? To soften her heart?

'There is no need to say such things, nephew,' Aelina hugged herself tighter. 'I am not quite loyal to my mother. If it's your plan to quarrel us, it's useless.'

'What are you talking about?' Jacaerys asked, sounding almost angry. 'I would never... I... Aunt Aelina, I am being serious right now.'

No.

No, no, no.

Jacaerys Velaryon would never care about her. He could care about his mother, his brothers, and his father. Anyone but her. With her he was pretending and scheming, trying to win the war that hadn't started yet. Aelina could never allow herself to trust him, even in the end, she and Aemond would be freed from mother's tight chains.

'Enough of that. Had dinner finished normally? Nothing else happened?'

'You will simply ignore me now, aunt?' Jacaerys shook his head in despair. The lack of response made him chuckle bitterly. 'Nothing else happened, besides Aegon throwing up afterwards. I think uncle Aemond left with him.'