𝐱𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐰𝐚𝐫 𝐢𝐬 𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫 (𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐰𝐞 𝐝𝐨𝐧𝐞?)

A/N: For everyone who waited for epic final battle from anime - I am sorry, Aegon is too depressed for this shit, lmao. ALSO, big parallel in this chapter!! If you will not recognise it, when Aegon and Aelina talk, you should visit chapter 5, to refresh memories.

×

'It shall,' Aegon agreed easily.

Though instead of doing something - pulling out his sword or running away how he liked, he only stood up from his throne, taking off his crown, tossing it aside. And in the next second he was already on his knees, an expectant look appearing on his face as Aelina moved closer.

'Go on, sister.'

Aelina closed the distance between them in a two wide step, one hand, the free of weapon one, instantly clutching his collar, making Aegon look directly at her, with no chance to lie.

'I will drag you to the bottom of hell, Aegon.' She hissed, almost viciously.

Suddenly, Aegon's eyes were wide and surprised as he studied her features as if he noticed the strangest changes in his sister only now.

'Your hair and face. What happened?'

Of course, he wouldn't know. He wasn't here when Alicent left her new scars, and maybe, it was divine punishment for not taking the opportunity to kill him that day. Yes, it must be. The whole year of war, because she failed to kill him.

'Since when you care?' Aelina snapped. 'Aegon Targaryen, you are going to be executed in front of my Queen and the others as leftovers of your weak and useless body will be eaten by Syrax herself, an honour that you didn't deserve, even. Am I making myself clear?'

But Aegon shook his head, with plead in his eyes:

'Kill me here and now, sister.'

'What now? Are you scared of tortures?' Aelina smiled poisonously. 'As if you deserve something better.'

Aegon was always the one to handle physical pain poorly among them. As a kid, when they trained or when mother raised her hand on him, and even later.

'I don't. But if someone is going torture me, it is going to be you, not others. And if someone ever beheads me, it should be you, not even Rhaenyra.'

The understatement of these words dawned on Aelina slowly, memories of the past being brought up again.

'You are really insane, Aegon,' she recalled through the fogness of her memories.

'So are you.'

If Aelina could laugh, if she had some power on things like this, she would. Because how could even someone predict that her own words will be mirrored on such a strangest occasion?

'Rhaenyra deserves to torture you, before I will take your head. She lost Rhaenys because of you. And her daughter.'

'It was always about me and you, not any of them,' Aegon protested, fingers digging in her cut sleeve. 'I know, better than anyone, that I made mistakes that I should pay for. I will not seek forgiveness - it is useless. All I could ask for is to be killed here and now, by your hand.'

'Who said that you have the right to even ask for something?'

Now, he reminded her of a lost dog again, searching for its owner, wishing to curl around someone's legs like in old times. Though, Aelina wasn't the one that could accept him in her arms - not anymore. And he didn't have anyone else, after all.

'I... I tried to help, didn't I?'

'Ha, with what?' She scoffed, a little bit amused, cold blade pressing to the side of his neck impatiently. 'By killing your own kids? Or attempting to kill me and Aemond?'