Chapter 2

While you waited for a decision, the media team asked you both to film a video with a challenge for instagram. You went happily but all that cheer dissipated when you saw it was a team challenge, and Max didn't seem too happy to see you either.

"Okay guys so what we have to do now is answer a few questions about each other, that we take out from the most asked things from a specific post we did, yeah?" They instructed as they sat you on the stools in front of the camera.

You both nodded and took the little boards with the questions. They they yelled action and you said your hello's, looking your best like a team.

"So, my first question is..." you started, "is your teammate a good boyfriend/girlfriend?" You laughed. "Oh well, if this is the first question! I have to recommend you slide into his DMs and see for yourself if you get lucky!"

Max chuckled and continued. "Okay, after that, I'm afraid to uncover these questions, but..." he took off the little paper. "What was your first impression of your teammate?" He hummed. "Obviously a good one, hard worker and a little bit stubborn!"

You chuckled and shook your head to avoid confronting him. "Right, moving on... Will your teammate be a World Champion?" You smirked. "Of course he will be and he will create a Paddock currency with his face on it just like the Queen! Wait and see!"

He laughed. "Sounds fun!" He went directly to his next question. "Do you usually train together? Oh, well, when we have to because of team preparations yes, but usually we have separate exercises!"

Your next question read: "Whats your favourite activity as a team?" You giggled a little. "Well I have to say these interviews aren't that bad, but racing is my favourite team work!"

"I agree there!" Max said. "Now for the final question, if you were in the Safety Car, would you let your teammate drive you?" He chuckled. "If we're both driving for Red Bull means we're good at driving, so yeah!"

After that, you wrapped it up and without another word to each other, left towards your respective rooms.

Just when you were getting ready for Practice 1, your trainer Lucie came and told you the news. The whole Grand Prix had been cancelled. You sighed in frustration and sat on your sofa. Then you changed again in your trousers and Red Bull t-shirt and went outside just to bump into your teammate and also biggest enemy.

"Suppose you're happy now," you said. "Now we're not racing this weekend."

"Well for your enjoyment no, I'm not happy, I wanted to race as well, but not in-" he interrupted himself. "Why am I explaining myself to you again when you always mocked my argumentations?"

You rolled your eyes and left him in the hallway.

--

"Guys, I don't have very good news," Christian said with a sigh as he summoned you to his office. "We all have orders to return to our hotels and stay there until further notice. Australia is heading into a lockdown for now to avoid the spreading of the virus, and that means they will be closing the borders."

"What? They can't do that can they?" Asked Max.

"Oh they can Max, they've already done it, and we're trying our best to sort out the entire team into one hotel. That means..." he sighed, like he was preparing to activate a bomb. "That means you guys have to stay in the royal suite."

"Both of us? In the same room?" You asked in disbelief.

"You know I have no problems sharing a room but not with..." Max started.

"Me? Newsflash mate, I don't want to share with you either."

"This is exactly the second reason why I am pairing you both in the same room; the first one being that we need some people to share." Christian interrupted with his boss voice. "The room has two other rooms inside and both are connected by a conjoint living room, that's a shared space. Therefore, you'll have to learn to be civil because you'll be staying there for the next two weeks. This banter between you two isn't banter anymore and I'm clearly lost about what to do when my two drivers hate each other's guts and can only play team when they are in public!"

"Yes, Christian I understand, but-"

"Consider it done." You interrupted Max and stood up after the boss gave you the instructions and let you go.

Max caught up with you in the hallway. "Surprisingly compliant of you, what happened?"

You looked at him. "Well sometimes when the boss is mad at you and has a lot on his plate, you need to agree and try not to be a nuisance."

"But I could've convinced him to give us separated rooms! Now you got us into this little house play!"

"I'm sorry if that's what it seems to you Verstappen, but I have to keep in mind that I'm the rookie and you're the golden boy. If he has to get rid of one of us because of all this, who do you think it'd be? The guy who won most of the points last season or the girl who hasn't even proved herself in the car enough?" You scoffed and went to gather your stuff and find the car that will drive you to the hotel.