Chapter 12 - Epilogue

Ashley, from the logistics team, ran towards the group that was reunited chatting and drinking by the pool. "Everyone shut up, I have the biggest and weirdest news you'll ever get!"

"You mean gossip, Ash?" Said one of the boys.

"Oh believe me, you'll want to know this."

They rolled their eyes at her but secretly they loved when something new happened around their Red Bull bubble.

"Okay," she started. "I know it's not shocking to know there are two people hooking up, right? Well, what I just saw and heard, from a great source-"

"You and your sources! That's not trustable!" one of them laughed.

"It is when the source is me!" She showed them her tongue. "It's not just hooking up, apparently they're in loooooove! And you'll never, ever, guess who they are!"

"What do I get if I guess it?" Someone asked.

"A bottle of champagne sent to your room, honestly, I am that sure you'll never believe it!" Ashley chuckled.

"Okay then, no names!" said Tash from engineering. "We just throw our suspicions and you say yes or no, yeah?"

Ashley agreed and signaled them to start.

"Are they here among us?"

"What is this? A spiritual session? Of course not."

"Are they the ones we've been rooting for to get together the other day?"

"Nope!"

"Straight couple?"

Ashley nodded.

"Sexual tension present before or not?"

"I'd say yes, even when they'd never admit it."

"Top tier of workers or peasants like us?"

Ashley smirked and lifted just one finger.

"You and Christian!" one said, and everyone yelled, teasing her.

"As if I ever stand a chance competing with a woman like Geri!" she laughed and blew it off.

"I have a good question here: they work with the cars?"

She nodded slowly and chuckled.

"Same job?" one asked, and smirked. Everyone laughed.

"They have to be race engineers, then! Who else is top tier and works with the car that's- wait!" Jo interrupted herself and stood up abruptly. "Wait, could it be...?"

Ashley just smiled.

"The drivers? Yeah, right, not even if the boss forces them to hug that'll happen!" Tash laughed.

"Told you, you'll never believe it!"

"Oh my god!!" Jo said as everyone else started asking more and more questions.

"How did it happen?"

"Well I don't know that but I was coming out of my room and saw Christian talking to them on the door, and by the looks of it he caught them kissing, because I heard him say something like 'this isn't what I imagined' and 'enjoy, I'm happy for you'"

"And how do you know they're in love?"

"Well the boss used the words 'one night stands' and 'this isn't like that' in the same sentence..."

"That doesn't prove anything!"

"Okay then, I guess you'll have to wait until you can see it for yourself!" She shrugged.

The night passed with more questions and theories about how it could have happened, until it was daytime and most of them were chatting quietly but others were sleeping on the floor.

"You guys, you realise the royal suite's balcony can be seen from those gates over there?"

The majority gasped and quickly ran towards the named spot. "Oh yes, that's the room! Wonder if we can see anything... hey, stay still, we don't know if they can see us!"

Some bickering ensued while they waited for something and everyone had a chance to watch. A few moments later, the door of the huge balcony opened and Max came out, sitting on one of the big chairs and playing with his phone, by the looks of it. Minutes later, his face lit up and was joined by his teammate, who towered over him and stroked his face. He moved his hands lovingly along the outside of her legs and grinned up at her, before she bent down and kissed him. She then sat on his lap and played with his hair as they both cuddled and watched he city in front of them, giggling intimately and then kissing again.

"Does anyone else feel like we're intruding in the purest moment in the history of Red Bull?" asked Paul, who was cuddling a tree branch.

"Oh my god, yes, they look so happy, we should leave them to it..." Ashley chuckled. "Paul what are you doing?"

"I don't know, they suddenly inspired me to find someone to do that with!"

"I know, I mean, they always looked as if they would go and kiss out their living souls when they argued..." Jo chuckled.

"I saw Max once checking her out during a briefing, I didn't say anything because it thought it was just me but now I'm totally sure, he's always wanted her!"

They all turned around and decided to sleep the day off.

"I'm so happy for them, it was about time those fights turned into what it really was..."

——————THE END——————

**********************************************
I'm so sorry it took this long for me to publish the last of it, but I'm pretty happy with it so give it some love, more than the amount you've been giving it. So grateful for that, btw 🧡🧡🧡