Chapter 3

Once you settled in your room, you checked on your social media, and then on the menu for room service while sitting on the big sofa in the living room. Then you heard the door opening and Max coming in with his stuff behind him.

"Oh," you said. "I'm just waiting for my room service and will be in my own bed..."

"Okay..." he said and went to check his side. "I see you've picked sides already".

"Well I got here first, wasn't going to wait for you all afternoon to pick a room"

"Could've texted..."

"To what? To pick a room that's exactly the same? Come watch, see mine for yourself and if you want to switch, we will, I'm honestly tired to try and reason with you!" You lashed out while walking towards your side of the suite.

"So now I'm the bad guy? You're the poor victim who only chose a bedroom and it's obedient and nice when the boss is around! Well why don't you save that little speech for the next meeting!" He yelled back.

"Yes yes come on, try to make me the one who plays the victim when earlier today you accused me of being insensitive or even at the interview when you told everyone that I was stubborn! Yes, I heard that!"

"It was for you to hear it, it wasn't meant in a bad way you drama queen! I was just commenting! Not like your little snarky comment about the paddock currency, I could hear the sarcasm from miles away!"

"Please Max, it was a joke! But if it hit too close to home..." you smirked.

"That's it, right there! You make all those snide remarks and then can't bear when I do the same!"

"Excuse me for not letting others insult me!"

"Then why do you insult me! Didn't they teach you you get what you give?!"

Then there was a knock on the door and the masked hotel employee brought the room service. You thanked him and got your cart with your dinner to your room, but you saw a small envelope that had both yours and Max's name on it. You opened it.

"That's it kids. Let it all out. Take this little time to let all frustrations out and renew your relationship as teammates in and out of the public eye. Thank me later.

Christian"

You giggled and handed the small letter to Max. "We really are his kids," you said and walked to your room while you heard him chuckle and call room service for himself.

--

The next day you went to the shared space and found a big breakfast served on the small table. Max was coming out of his room.

"Morning," he said. "Help yourself, asked enough for both."

You smiled shortly. "Hey, thanks for that."

He just grumbled in response and sat on his chair with his phone in hand. You did the same and saw you had a few missed calls from Dave, your boyfriend. After you explained the situation to him last night, he wanted to talk and try and figure out a way to get you back but he wouldn't understand the size of it so you had a heated discussion and ended up with him trying to apologise for taking it out on you.

You scoffed and just let it pass while eating a croissant. He was being so unreasonable, he had no right to blame you for what it was a world class emergency. This was bigger than any other issues he might have with your career or your teammate.

"Something wrong?" Asked Max from his seat. "Croissants too sweet? Too salty? Not fit for you?" He chuckled.

"None of your business, it's not the croissant."

"Okay..." he responded and rolled his eyes. "Just trying to chat..."

"Yeah? With a snarky comment? Sure." You said without lifting your eyes from your phone.

He didn't say anything, just took a plate, put on some more food in it and took his mug in his other hand. Then he spoke as he stood up. "You know what? I'm done with you, forget about me, I won't talk to you anymore." Then he stormed to his room and slammed the door.

"Fine!" You yelled at nothing and stayed there, still fighting with your boyfriend over text.