Chapter Four: "Bloodlust"

The four girls continue wandering the facility aimlessly, looking around for any sign of food packs. Thankfully, nobody else has died during the search, but that didn't do much to ease the fear they feel deep within their hearts. That especially seems to be the case for Opal, who can't stop fidgeting and checking behind them every ten seconds.

Opal has an uneasy feeling about tonight, about Green. She doesn't exactly know why, but she finds herself unable to shake it off. Maybe it's Green's freakishly long arms? Maybe it's the fact that he can still hear despite being blind? Whatever it could be, Opal is having a hard time ignoring it, and it frustrates her greatly.

Maya notices her friend's discomfort and gently grabs onto her hand to offer some support. Opal looks down at Maya with a surprised expression before smiling warmly. "Thanks, sweet pea." She squeezes the younger girl's hand gently, earning a bright smile in response as they continue walking side by side.

There's silence between them for a brief moment before Maya speaks up. "Are you also worried about Green?" She asks quietly. Opal frowns ever so slightly, but it quickly changes into a weak smile as she shrugs sheepishly. "Just a little, yes. Why, are you thinking the same thing?" She responds with a question of her own.

Maya nods sadly, but instead of replying verbally, she simply hugs Opal tightly. This causes Opal to freeze momentarily in surprise before hugging Maya back. "Ah, so you're a big fan of Green as well?" Opal asks, giggling softly in amusement when Maya immediately pulls away upon hearing her words.

"You like the Rainbow Funtime Friends show too?!" Maya questions excitedly. Opal smiles brightly and nods in confirmation, causing Maya to cheer happily while bouncing up and down. "Yaaay! I have more friends to watch the show with!" Maya exclaims happily. Opal giggles again, her mood improving significantly at the little girl's contagious enthusiasm.

"You guys done yet?" Veronica calls from across the hallway, and it's only then that Opal realizes that she and Maya had stopped walking while getting caught up in their conversation. The two girls share a quick laugh together before running over to join Veronica and Amira at the end of the hallway.

"Alright, so while you two were over there giggling it out, Amira and I came up with a plan." Veronica tells the girls. "I'll go look for food packs alone, while you guys stay here and..." She glances over at a nearby camera for a split second before lowering her voice to a whisper. "...try figuring out a way to escape this place."

Veronica knows she can't risk mentioning anything about an escape plan in front of the cameras. That creepy speaker guy could be watching at any given moment, waiting patiently to catch anyone who tries to leave. If they want to go home without any problems, they'll need to take their time and be sneaky about it.

"I'll be back later if I find anything, okay? Stay safe and don't let any freaky rainbow monsters get to you." Veronica smiles and nods at the girls encouragingly before walking off to search for the food packs alone. That leaves the rest of them to continue onward into the Hemlock Woods area.

Amira lets out a tired sigh as she begins to stand around with her arms crossed. "So, with Veronica leaving us to fend for ourselves, how do you guys think we should proceed?" She asks the other girls quietly. "I mean, we don't know where any potential exits are, and it seems unlikely that there'd be any around here."

Opal plops herself down by the river to relax for a bit as she thinks deeply to herself, Maya joining her shortly after and resting her head on her shoulder. "I suppose our only choice in the matter would be to continue these little scavenger hunts until our captor sets us free. It's not like we really have a whole lot to go off of anyway..." Opal mumbles quietly.