Paper rings // niki

This is in fact based around the song "paper rings" by Taylor swift but niki is autistic + ADHD going roller skating with autistic!fem!reader ^^

Requested: no one

disability: autism :)

pronouns: she/her || reader: they/she

location: UK

No trigger warnings =] pure fluff^^

published 1/13/23

Today was gonna be awesome! i was going roller skating with Y/n today and i knew we'd have a blast! i couldn't help but stim happily before getting ready. Y/n texted me to make sure i was on track and ready to be picked up. I grabbed my saftey bag, it had NC headphones, stim toys, and spirit, my fox plushie! Y/n showed up a little after i was done eating and i happily hopped into the car with my skates and bag. "Ready to go niki?" they asked with her very comforting voice, it felt like they had a lullaby laced into their voice, comforting and sweet. Y/n was also autistic, which made us a popular duo online. " All good! got everything you reminded me of!" i beamed proudly. My memory wasn't the best because of my ADHD, i was a double package deal!! 

"We're here! excited?" she asked me getting out of the car. "I'm so excited you can not even measure it!!" i grinned back. We got inside and got in quickly since we both adored roller skating and y/n had a membership there. We started putting on our skates and went onto the skate floor, many people were there, kind of overstimulating but Y/n knew almost immediately and got me my NC (noise canceling) headphones to soothe me. " Hey niki! " they shouted from in front of me. " Yes y/n? " i yelled back smiling ridiculously wide. " IT'S OUR SONG! " She was indeed correct as the intro to paper rings by taylor swift played. They came up to me and grabbed my hands dragging me to the middle where people could chill and vibe, we started spinning slowly. " May i take this dance?" she grinned at me mischievously. " why of course my love " ( /p ) The chorus began to play as we sang along dancing on our skates gracefully, knowing people skating around us were probably looking. " I LIKE SHINY THINGS BUT ID MARRY YOU WITH PAPER RINGS! UH HUH, THATS RIGHT- DARLING!" we practically screamed the lyrics as i shook my head and swayed stimming happily. It was getting late so we left to go home and chill on the couch, we watched bluey and stimmed together. Today was absolutely amazing, and i didn't even have to hide myself. 

ahhh autistic!niki needs more recognition!!!