Karaoke

They were all sat around chatting before they heard a heavy pounding on Antonio's door.

"I got it." Said Cassie as she got up.

"Can you get me some ice in this cup when you come back please?" Asked Kevin.

Cassie was just about to open the door when she turned back around to call back to Kevin.

"Yeah. I'll grab your ice too." Shouted back Cassie to Kevin as she swung the door open.

She shook her head and let out a laugh before she turned to face the angry woman.

"Really? We come home and the house is empty. Some of your clothes aren't there. Your gym bag is gone. Where the hell have you been!?" Shouted Wendy.

"How did you find me?"

"Millie's parents gave me the address. Do you know how worried we have been? Get your stuff, we're leaving." She said as she tightly grabbed Cassie's arm.

"Sorry for any disturbance, Ma'am. I'm Kelly Severide. We're just having a bbq." He said as he held onto Cassie's shoulders. "Kevin is asking for that ice."

"I suggest you remove your hands from my daughter's shoulders, right now." Said Steve as he stepped onto the porch.

"D-daughter?" Asked Kelly with a high pitch tone as he scratched the back of his neck.

"Severide, meet Wendy and Steve. Guys this is, Severide."

"I don't care who he is. Get your hands off of her! She's not one of your whores."

"Mom!"

"Your manners seem to have slipped, young lady." Said Steve.

"Cass, Kevin really wants his ice. What's going on?" Asked Jay as he stepped towards the door.

Cassie opened the door wider and stood aside so Jay could see who was there.

"Hi Mr and Mrs Mills. I'm Jay Halstead, a detective. Cassie has been staying with me while you guys were in Spain."

"I know who you are. You gave Cassie her skateboard back after we threw it away."

"Sorry, Miss. I didn't see it as a problem." Said Jay.

"Cassandra, get your stuff and come outside."

"No."

Steve grabbed her jacket and dragged her towards the door but Kelly grabbed him and shoved him off. The two guys stood in front of Cassie to protect her as she stood and sorted her jacket out.

"Cassandra! I wouldn't argue right now. We have the upper ground."

"Sorry. I'm Antonio. This is my property. What seems to be the problem?"

"Detective Dawson, I remember you. We've come to collect our daughter."

"Oh really? Cassie was having a great time. Any chance Jay could drop her home later?"

"Fine. No later than six."

"Yes, Ma'am." Said Jay as he shook Wendy's hand.

"We are having a talk when you get home, young lady." Said Steve.

"Look forward to it." Replied Cassie as she walked away from the door.

Kelly shut the door as Jay went over to Cassie. Suddenly, he picked her up and placed her on the counter so they were at head height to talk.

"Jay, I'm not in the mood."

"Are you okay? Did he hurt you?"

"I'm fine." She muttered as she got off the top and grabbed some ice for Kevin.