Memories

"Thank you guys so much for looking after me through the case. You were like a family to me. I won't ever forget you." Said Cassie before she hugged them both.

"You were probably my favourite to look after. We aren't supposed to have favourites but I loved you living with us. Have fun on your new adventure and go careful on your skateboard." Said Dylan.

Cassie let out a small giggle before her eyes got teary and she looked towards Helen.

"I never actually had a daughter but if I did, I'd want it to be someone like you. Enjoy your new life or lifestyle. Whatever you want to call it. I'm so glad you are living with Jay." Said Helen before hugging Cassie.

"Bye guys." Said Cassie as she waved from the car and they waved at her from the door.

"I got some flowers for you to put down on their graves."

"Thanks, I guess."

I drove us to the graveyard and waited for Cassie to get out but she didn't. She was frozen in her spot, staring out at the graves. She looked towards me before taking a deep breath and just letting her tears flow.

"Hey, what's wrong? Is it too much? We can do it another day if you want."

"No. It's just...I can't remember them. I don't know what they looked like and I can't remember what we were like together."

"We can do it another day. I don't want to feel like I'm forcing you to do something you don't want to."

"I don't think that at all. But I can't do this today. I need to be prepared and I'm not a-and I-I just..." Cassie started but didn't finish because she lost her breath.

"Woah. Okay. Just breathe. It's okay."

"But what about the flowers? You spent money on them."

"Hey. I want to make one thing clear. Nothing has to change from the way you and I acted around each other. Just be yourself, there's nothing you could do that would disappoint me."

"I don't want you to give up on this and send me back. It's my biggest fear."

"I'm not going to leave you. Ever. Now c'mon, let's order pizza and watch a movie, yeah?"

"Yeah but I want to talk to the twins."

"Tomorrow."

"Okay."

When we got back to the apartment, Antonio and Adam were there and were waiting for us. They wanted to see Cassie's reaction to her bedroom before they headed home.

"Hey guys." She said as she walked through the door and slipped her shoes off.

"Hey." Said Adam as he smiled awkwardly.

"You guys are acting weird. What's going on?" She asked as she looked towards Antonio.

"Close your eyes." He said and she followed his instructions.

He reached his hand out and took her hand in his before pulling her gently towards the bedroom. When she walked inside, Antonio told her to open her eyes. She gasped as she looked around the room and ran her fingers over her desk. She opened up her drawers and looked inside to see her clothes packed away. She ran over to the bed, picking up a Teddy that was by the pillows and snuggling it to her chest.

"What do you think? You can change it if you don't like it. I spoke to Millie and she said it was your kind of style." I said as I started to over think.

"Dad, I love it. Thank you so much and thanks to you guys as well as Kim and Kevin, who grabbed my stuff."

"We'll let them know." Said Adam as he left the room.

The guys said their goodbyes before they left to get some much needed sleep.

Cassie's room was kind of large, not much bigger than the loft she used to sleep in.

She had a double bed, which was grey and had fairly lights hanging above it. She also had a white desk that matched with the white walls and a black chair to go with the other colours in her room. The drawers were white and I had bought her a silver laptop so she could do her school work.

"Wow. You didn't have to do all this." She said as she looked around the room.

"Yeah I did because I love you."

"Thanks dad." She said as she hugged me.

"Now, let's order some pizza because I am starving. Find a movie for us." I said to her as she walked out of her room and over to the sofa.

*Cassie's Pov*

Once the pizza had arrived, we watched The Red Sea Diving Resort because Jay said he had never watched it. It was one of my favourite movies and I was shocked that he had never seen it. At the thrilling and exciting moments, I sat up in my seat and watched intensely. Jay started to laugh and I hit him with a pillow but he was quick to get me back.

"Stop saying how attractive he is." Said Jay as he tackled me onto the sofa.

"But he is. He was voted the Sexiest Man Alive in 2022. The people don't lie."

"Oh shut up. Head to bed, kid."

"But it's Saturday tomorrow."

"You keep yawning and it's been a long day."

"Okay. I'm going."

"Will might be home soon but he said he would be quiet."

"I don't mind. Night, love you."

"Night. Love you too."

"Thanks for everything."

"No problem." He said and kissed me on the head before we went our separate ways.

"Can I keep my door open?"

"Of course. I can keep mine open too, if you want."

"Only if it is okay with you."

"Of course. I'll keep it open."

When I climbed into bed, it was the best feeling ever. I was warm, comfy and ready to sleep for a long time.

I grabbed Snowy and cuddled him into my chest before switching off all my alarms and turning away from the door so I could sleep.