30: Safe Combination

"Goddamn, is this how much you practice every day?" Taiya asked as they finished their fourth hour of practice. 

"Well, I mean it is a practice day." Han-gyeol smiled sheepishly. "When we don't have interviews or shows its kind a just...practice till you drop.". 

"This is so wildly unhealthy." Taiya said, shaking his head.  

They had started this whole thing at 9 am with dance practice and were, unsurprisingly, still going with that. 

"If you're going to complain, you can go wait in the hall." Tae-hwan said simply, taking a long drink from his water bottle. "You you guys wanna run 'This Place' one more time?". 

There was a resounding groan from the group. 

"Guess we'll be kicking the rest of the band into the hallway then." Taiya smirked. Tae-hwan did not look as amused. 

"Honestly, I'm just surprised you've made it this long." Kun-woo remarked, completely ignoring the group's leader. 

"You guys think four hours of dance practice is going to kill me or something?" Taiya asked. 

"Well..." Han-gyeol trailed off. Taiya shoved him in mock anger.

"You are an actor." Kun-woo rationalized, "They're not known for having the stamina idols do.". 

"Yeah, well I'd like to test that 'idol stamina' of yours against the shit they make you do in hero school." Taiya grumbled, unthinkingly. 

The group paused, all staring at him with interest. 

"Well...?" Han-gyeol prompted. 

"Well what?" Taiya repeated, confused. 

"What did you do in hero school?" His friend asked, moving to sit cross legged on the floor in front of him. 

"I don't know...what do you want to know?" The boy prompted, genuinely surprised. 

He had been asked probably more questions than the average person ever would. Interviews were common enough. But people in his life being genuinely curious about him was different. 

"Have you fought any real villains yet?". 

Taiya's mind immediately went to rescuing Bakugou. He hadn't actually fought Dabi, but it was pretty damn close. 

"I don't think so." The boy thought aloud. "Wait! I did. For a little bit.". It had also been Dabi. When he was at camp and the villain literally turned into dirt once he hit him. 

"How was it?" Han-gyeol asked excitedly. 

"Pretty insane. A little scary. The whole camp thing was crazy really. I got so close to the portal they kidnapped Bakugou through. Part of my hair was already in the portal." He laughed, pulling out the slightly shorter strand to show the band. He thought about it for another moment. "It didn't feel bad though. I liked the thrill and I liked doing it.". 

"Wow, you really became a hero student. I didn't think 'doing things' was in your vocabulary." Kun-woo commented. Taiya rolled his eyes. 

"Fighting people's too dangerous for people like us." Tae-hwan said simply. 

"It sounds so fun though." Han-gyeol smiled. "Was training really harder than what we're doing?". 

"We used to have to fight each other all the time. My knees are always so bruised by the end of the day because I fall so often." Taiya laughed, reminiscing. "The drills don't last long, but some of the people in my class have crazy quirks, so its hard to use my quirk to fight them.".