Chapter 31

#OLAPlayPretend

Chapter 31
Fear

We kissed.

Hinalikan niya ako. Hinalikan ko rin siya pabalik. Naghalikan kami.

Hindi ko sigurado kung tama ba ang term na "naghalikan" dahil magkadikit lang ang mga labi namin noong mga oras na 'yon, pero ganoon na rin 'yon.

Kung bakit ko ginawa... wala akong ideya. I just found myself lost in the intimate moment of our wedding. I went along with the flow, just like the waves moving to the shore to kiss the sand.

Nababaliw na siguro ako. I felt stupid for feeling those unwanted emotions and expressing those thoughts in my head, despite knowing how our relationship was gonna end.

Siguro nga ay nadala lang ako. It was a very magical moment at sunset. It was hard not to be moved, especially when everything about it was so romantic. His wedding vow also seemed to be a factor that made me so emotional.

He was so good with his words that he managed to sway my heart for a bit. His acting was also at its peak. Napakagaling. Napakahusay. He could win an Oscar for his performance. No one would be able to top that. Even the best multi-award-winning actors and actresses wouldn't come close.

"Chantal..." Xaiver said, knocking on the door.

I jolted a little in my seat. Napatingin ako sa pintuan. I was in my own casita, which they transformed into my holding area and dressing room for the day.

The main wedding reception just finished a while ago, and we were about to head for the after party. Kanina ko pa gustong mapag-isa at mag-isip-isip kahit sandali matapos ang nangyari. Ito lang ang oras na mayroon ako. After getting dressed, I asked my glam team to give me a moment.

I lost track of how long I stayed inside, pero mukhang napatagal na dahil kinatok na ako ni Xaiver.

The stylists dressed me in a rose-gold, asymmetrical cocktail dress with glitter and sequins all over. The halter neckline highlighted my collar bones and the camellia pendant of my necklace. The hairstylist opted for a messy bun. She wanted my hair up, in contrast to my half-ponytail style earlier.

"Are you done?" tanong ni Xaiver.

I licked my lips and said, "I'll be out in a minute! Sandali lang!"

Tumayo ako at lumapit sa salamin. I tidied up the stray hairs and made sure they were perfectly ironically messy. Doon ko napansing nasa kanang daliri pa rin ang aking engagement ring.

I removed my wedding ring first para sa ilalim ko ilagay ang engagement ring ng aking left ring finger. Nang susuotin ko na ulit ang wedding band, nahagip ng tingin ko ang engraved sa loob.

Separating Xaiver's initials and the date of our wedding in Roman numerals was a camellia flower. I bit my lower lip and thought that Xaiver might have felt the same way about the flower as I did. Siya ang namili ng i-e-engrave sa aming mga singsing. I didn't expect he would choose to include the flower.

I was happy for a few seconds until I felt a little guilty. I just hoped that I didn't ruin anything for him by associating the flower with us. Hindi ko pa rin nakakalimutan na sa iba pa rin nakalaan ang necklace na suot-suot ko. In time, I would have to surrender this along with the rings.

"You took your time..." Nagtaas ng kilay si Xaiver nang lumabas na ako. I was a little surprised to see him still waiting outside. "Kanina pa lumabas ang glam team mo. They told me you were done."

"Oo, uhm... sumama kasi tiyan ko," sabi ko na lang upang makalusot.

From looking like a little tease, Xaiver eyes started to get filled with concern. Medyo kumunot din ang kanyang noo.