CHAPTOR 06: RYAN

The banquet was crowded than I expected it to be. I didn't expect so many people to attend charity events but then again, there are paparazzi here so no one knows who's here just for show. I attend this event every year not to show off my money but to help the poor in need. I might look the rudest and coldest person in the world-maybe I am but I try my best to volunteer to help poor people, it's an act of kindness and I don't do it to show it off to people, I do it because it's right thing to do.

As much as I enjoy volunteering, I hate communicating with people on these events-though I shouldn't be so cruel but there are people I do not like to meet-mostly all the people.

Like Brian Juan; man's a millionaire and have donated tons of money to many charities only to brag about how rich he is. The audacity. As much he looks as a charming, good looking, well-mannered man, he's the most selfish, annoying piece of shit who only cares about himself and how much fame he gets. You could ask him any question in the world and somehow he would still make the topic be about himself.

"I told them that they don't have to write a report about how I got so rich" Brian said with a laugh "but they insisted and I couldn't say no" he took a gulp of his champagne while I just watched him in disbelief. The amount of lies this man tells is unbelievable. What kind of a reporter would write a report just to tell how rich he is? I bet my company, he bribed the reporter to do this shit.

While he bragged about how much he makes in a year--even though he barely does any work himself-I scanned the room trying to find Rose.

I decided to bring her here thinking it wouldn't be crowded and I'll have plenty of time to make a conversation and give our relationship a try just so she trusts me more. You're making a mistake. The inner voice scolded me. I knew I was making a mistake, using her trust to get something for my benefit but I'm tired of trying and I'd be giving both of us a favor-and Bree. Bree wanted me to make our relationship work so I am going to make this relationship work but I am no shape to be fully attracted towards. If Rose doesn't feel right spending rest of her life with me-or falls in love with someone else, I'd let her go if that's what she wants.

My jaw tensed at the last thought-her falling in love with someone-Rose is the kind of girl anyone would be lucky to have but she never been into a serious relationship and after we got married, I'm probably sure she even gave up on love.

My eyes stopped scanning the room once they focused on a brunette head. Rose. She was smiling, listening to another brunette head standing beside her. We ran into one of her old school friends here and then she walked away with her when Brian came towards me to make a conversation.

Rose's smile was always sweet and polite, the kind of smile everyone adores, her dimple showed whenever her smile got wider and she looked like an angel.

But behind that angelic smile is a girl who knows the darkest secrets of people around her but still she keeps a smile and gives the most positive vibes. She hides her scars behind that smile. The darkest secrets, her mistakes, her sins, her regrets, all lie behind that one smile everyone love.

Rose laughed at something her friend said and that was the most beautiful moment I've ever seen. I watched as her dimple became more visible and she looked more happy like no one could ever break her.

My eyes went down and scanned her dress; she wore a silk green dress which went down just beneath her knees and it fitted her perfectly. Even from standing far away, I could draw out her collar bone. Her lips were tinted, just like the color of her name, even from a distance she bloomed in the whole banquet.

"...that's your wife, I assume" I snapped out of my thoughts and noticed that Brian had stopped talking and was now staring at Rose with his back facing me.