CHAPTER 29: ROSE

After spending 2 whole days locked in our hotel, ordering room service. The next day, Ryan left the hotel room to pick up something.

While he was away, I decided to get ready since it's our one year anniversary.

One year anniversary.

I don't know what Ryan is planning to do today. He only told me that we'd go to Paris for our anniversary and we did.

While drying off my hair, my phone rang, I turned off my hair dryer and picked up my phone from the dresser and saw Bree's name on the caller ID.

I quickly picked it up.

"Happy one year anniversary!" Bree squealed as soon as I answered the call.

I chuckled, my cheeks hurting from how much I'm grinning "thanks."

"So, how is everything?"

"Everything is... Perfect." I released a relieved sigh.

"You sound happier than before- oh my God, my brother did something-" her sentence got cut off when she gasped "Oh my God! You two-"

"Don't finish that." I said "but yes."

"I wasn't going to- wow" Bree sounds shocked "I didn't think Ryan was really serious."

Huh?

"What do you mean?" I asked, tightening my grip on my phone with an unsettling feeling in my chest.

"No, it's nothing to be worried about- it's just-" she sighed "I was worried when you told me Ryan wants to make the marriage work. As much as I wanted him to make this marriage work I was scared that you might end up getting hurt... Since his last relationship didn't ended as expected.." she took a pause before continuing "I was worried the day you two got married because I don't want you to get hurt. A part of me was happy for you and Ryan but the other part was.. worried.. to be honest, I'm still worried."

"You... You don't trust Ryan?" The ache in my chest started growing as I waited for Bree's response.

"I do. I trust Ryan to protect you, to take care of you. But... Ryan gave up on love long time ago... not because of Hannah."

But because of his father.

"If Ryan really wants to make the marriage work because he truly loves you then I will always be happy for you two. He's my brother and you're my best friend." Bree said softly.

"Thanks." I said

"I ruined your day- shit- I shouldn't have said that."

"No, no, it's okay." I understand Bree is worried about me but I've seen how Ryan changed, he does want to make the marriage work.

"Can we face time? I want your help to choose a dress. We might go on a date today." I said, trying to change the mood

"Ooh! Yes! I love doing that!" Bree's excitement made the ache in my chest lighten.

She face timed me and I showed her few dresses I brought for the trip.

Ryan gave up on love long time ago...
Not because of Hannah..
But because of his father..

I understand it might be hard for Ryan to believe in such an emotion he lost when he was young. But I know Ryan and I know how he has changed. Ryan cares for me. He protects me.

He might've not admitted that he loves me. Maybe he doesn't and it might take him a long time to get used to this feeling.

I know what me and Ryan has is real. I can see it in his smile, his laugh, the way he talks to me, the way he kisses me, the way he holds me.

I'll wait for Ryan to understand what we have, I wouldn't push him because I don't want to scare him.

All I know is that I love Ryan.