CHAPTER 37: ROSE

I woke up with an extreme headache. The same headache I felt before everything blacked out.

My vision was blurry, I squeezed my eyes shut then opened them again to find myself in a... Warehouse?

I turned my head to look around but the headache came back with an unbearable pain.

"Ryan?" I tried to move but my hands were tied up behind the chair.

I closed my eyes trying to remember how I ended up tied to chair.

Ryan leaving.
The letter.
The truth about Jack's death-

John killed Jack.

My eyes flew open when the door shut. Footsteps came closer to me.

"Look who's awake."

I lifted my head up to find John standing in front of me with a mocking grin.

Fear came rushing into my body as he leaned down to my face.

"You seem quite. Have you always been this way?"

I didn't answer. He smirked and lifted his hand to put a strain of my ear behind my ear.

The action made me flinch, he chuckled. He stood up straight.

"What do you want?" I asked, not looking at him.

"Oh, found your words?" I looked at him with a hard glare which only made him grin wider "you're cute." He said "anyways, you see, you know something which could ruin my image infront of your so-called husband. Not only infront of him but in the business world."

"That doesn't answer my question."

His grin widened "I'm going to do the same thing I did to Jack." He said as he took out a gun from inside his jacket.

I swallowed, the fear in me growing every second I was in the room with John.

John placed the gun on my chin lifting my face up as he leaned down.

"Your father was able to keep his mouth shut for as long as he lived. Didn't think he would be clever enough to leave you a letter."

"Why did you kill him?" I whispered.

"Why would I tell you?"

"You're killing me either way." I said, tears forming in my eyes "I want to know why did you kill Jack. He never did anything wrong-"

"But he was about to." John said grabbing the back of my hair and putting the gun on my neck. "He was there that night when I was planning to ruin Ryan's life. He heard every fucking thing and he was going to tell him."

A sob released my mouth but I was able to ask "why would you want to ruin Ryan's life? He never did anything."

"He didn't but his dad did." He pulled my hair tighter "his dad ruined my dad's business. He made him an alcoholic who abused my mother and his children. Because of him, my mother took her life and my father died in an accident. I lost my family."

I shook my head "it wasn't Ryan's fault. Ryan doesn't know." Another sob left my mouth "you can't blame Ryan for this."

"Why do you care so much about him?" John released my hair and stood up, removing the gun from my neck, my head fell down as I tried to breath "Ryan has been lying to you for months."

I looked up at John "what are you talking about?" The ache came back "lying about what?"

John smirked and squatted so he could face me "you don't really think Ryan loves you? Do you?"