Imagine- Anxious Admitting

I sit in the drama room with the rest of the Hellfire Club, momentarily spacing out as I watch Eddie enthusiastically grin at us all, telling us the nail biting tale he's conjured up for our campaign.

God, he's so adorable when he's revved up like this, but he'd probably kill me if I ever said that to him, or anyone. The way his eyes widen as he exaggerates something, the way his confidence sky rockets as he leans forward, half climbing on the table where the dice and figures rattle.

Yeah, I fucking love him. I just wish he felt the same way.

"Are you still in there?" I faintly hear. Shaking myself out of my daze, I look to see Dustin next to me, snapping his fingers as everyone else excitedly discusses our strategy.

I nod and give him a small smile,  "I'm here, so shall we kill Vecna?"

Dustin watches me suspiciously for a second longer until he shrugs and we rejoin the game.

Throughout the game Eddie smiles at me, specifically asking me questions even though I'm not the leader of the party.

"Why is she getting special treatment?" Gareth asks when Eddie throws me a can of Mountain Dew. Eddie stares at Gareth until he backs down, then passes the rest of the club a can each.

I open the can along with everyone else and take a sip, but my hand scratches something at the bottom of the can. My eyes meet Eddie's as he nods, so I carefully turn away and pull off the taped paper that was stuck to it.

'Stay after HFC.'

I read the message and give him a small nod as everyone else ignores us, oblivious to the event.

A couple of hours pass and we finally decide to call it a night, especially since Dustin begins falling asleep. I pack up my dice slowly, watching as everyone says goodbye to Eddie and leaves.

"He likes you, you know? He's just scared to admit it. The note was my idea." Dustin mumbles to me quietly before giving me a small nod and leaving.

I'm kind of shocked, but then I realise it's just me and Eddie left. The room us quiet apart from the subtle buzzing of the drama lights, shining red and orange to set the scene over the board.

"So, you got the note" Eddie smiles, perching on the edge of the table next to me as I shrug and try to play it cool.

"Yeah, luckily you didn't give it to Gareth or Jeff." I laugh, making Eddie grin as he begins playing with his rings nervously. He takes a deep breath and looks up at me.

"Look, you can say no if you want to, and they'll be no awkward feelings, but-" he begins, momentarily distracted by the door, I turn to see Dustin giving him a thumbs up before sprinting away.

I huff a laugh and speak up, "I'd love to." I answer, hoping that I'm right in my predictions.

Eddie smirks and nods a few times as he stands up and begins tidying the rubbish away.

"Let me help, it'll be quicker, then you can take me to grab some food because I'm starving." I say, starting to help Eddie.

Eddie raises his eyebrows but says nothing, just shaking his head as he chuckles.