10 | F I R E

Death

Death.

No one really knows the truth, about what happens when you die.

Some think that there isn't anything afterwards.You're dead. That's it. Nothing else. Others think that there's more to death. That There's another side for the dead. Some may think that only the innocent get another chance. That's what the other side is for. But they're not physically alive just their souls.

A ghost.

Some fear ghosts. Scared at what they are capable of doing. Others are more curious and intrigued.

Aria had never had a reason to be afraid. The trees, the animals, the grass, the flowers even the roots in the ground had always protected her.

Tonight Elena had announced that she was having Bonnie and Stefan round so they could get to know each other better.

As Elena said.

"I need my best friend and boyfriend to get along, they just have too."

Whining as usual about wanting to have a perfect life and wanting to forget about her terrible past. Aria didn't have the energy to argue with her. So, she said she'd stay in her room for the night as Jeremy was out with his friends.

She was exhausted and yet no one knew. Even her twin didn't realize how drained she was becoming. Since the night of the accident, her sleeping pattern was chaos. The second her eyes closed she sees the same thing. Over and over again. She couldn't blame Jeremy he had enough going on with Vicky and his drug problem.

When she heard Bonnie arriving, Aria decided to try and get some sleep which didn't last long. Her eyes close and there is was.

The black fog.

The black mist.

Swirling around her.

The scent of death.

"Aria"

The mist rumbles her name.

She wakes up.

Breathing in deeply trying to calm herself down, the same recurring monster appearing in her sleep.

Just like the night of the accident.

She had named the monster.

It was real.

The Shadow of Death.

She knew she couldn't stay in her room. In the same place the monster had been, the reason she called her parents that night. So opening up her window looking at the tree in front of her. Like it knew what she wanted a branch from the tree grew closer to her until it was inches away.

Aria was in disbelief that the tree was practically reading her mind, she climbs out of her window, standing on the tree branch as she stumbled a little a smaller branch grows on her left for her to hold on too. Not questioning what was occurring right in front of her.