2. Beginning

August 20, 1993, age 15

"Come on, you little shit, where are you?" You whispered to yourself as you struggle to find your slippers to put in your sleepover bag to go to your bestfriends house, Casey Becker. You both met 2 years ago at a grocery story when you were getting your favorite yogurt (ignore if lactose tolerant) and she also had a thing for that yogurt, too, and from there, you both automatically became bestfriends.

"Y/n! Are you ready to go?!" Mom yelled. "Fuck- yeah, give me a second!" You started to panic and instead, you ran across into your parent's room to go steal your mom's slippers. You tried them on first. Good, they fitted, a little. You went back into your room and shoved your slippers into your sleepover bag. You slipped on your sandals and parkoured down the steps. "Hey! Remember what I said about jumping down those stairs!" Dad said. "Oh, come onnnn!" You laughed but then your mom had a serious face making you drop that smile and nod.

Time Skip To Casey's House

"Behave, I'm not kidding, Y/n" Mom looked you in the eyes. "I know" you playfully roll your eyes. "Okay, love you" "love you, too" you waved her off as she drove out of the driveway and out. You sigh and walk up to Casey's porch and knocked on the door. Her dad answered. "Hello, Casey's upstairs in her room" you smile and nod and start walking up the stairs.

You go inside her room where you see looking at magazines of her celebrity crush, Tom Cruise. "Case!!" She drops her magazines and bounces off her bed to give you a hug. "OH, MY GOODNESS!! IT'S BEEN SINCE SUMMER!!" "It is summer" you gave her a funky look while laughing. "Oh, since..Christmas!!" She laughed. "Come, there's something I wanna show you!!" You allow her to drag you down the stairs and into the living room where you see Mrs. Becker making sandwiches.

"Hey, darling!" Mrs. Becker waved. "Hi" you smiled. "Close your eyes" Casey told you. You do what she said and cover your eyes as she pulls you. "Okay, open" you open your eyes and your eyes widened. "You got a pool?!" You looked at her. "Uh huh! My dad and uncle helped built it!" She jumped.

She then gasps. "We should go swimming" she jumped. "Well, we have to ask your-" "MOM, DAD!! CAN ME AND Y/N SWIM IN THE POOL!?" "YES!" Her mom replied. "Hurry, let's go get changed!" You follow her up the stairs. Did I even bring a swimsuit? You went over to your sleeping bag and checked to see. You then see your bathing suit. Might've thought you needed this. Love, dad
There stuck a note. You smile and take out your bathing suit. "I'm gonna go to the bathroom to change, Case" "alright" you go over to the bathroom.

You close the door and start undressing. That is until you hear a loud car stop around the corner. As a nosey person, you look out the bathroom window and see a woman and a kid around your age get out of a car to go look at their tire. "Go get the tire pump, Billy" he walked over to the trunk to get it. You just shrug. Casual people. After you finish getting dressed, you get out the bathroom and see Casey standing outside waiting for you. You go over to her. "I'm ready"

She looked at you. "Dang, girl, who you trynna impress?~" she joked. "Haha, funny" you playfully rolled your eyes making her laugh. "I swear, the pool water better be warm, it's literally sunny outside!" Casey pleaded. "It probably will" she opens the patio door and you both exit outside and Casey jumps into the pool, then comes back up screaming. "IT'S COLD!!" She cried. You laughed and jumped in shouting "SISSY!" Shit, it was freezing. Time to start getting use to it.

Billy's POV

He watched as his mom tried screwing the cap back onto the tire. He leaned against the car crossing his arms and allowed his eyes to shift elsewhere. As he's looking around, he sees two girls around his age playing in a pool across the road. They were splashing eschother, laughing, and floating on their backs while singing songs that sounded like they were from childish movies. There was Casey. He didn't like Casey at all. He scoffs but then his eyes land on you. He furrowed his eyebrows a little. His heart started racing and his foot started tapping on the cement.

What's going on? He bit his bottom lip and pushed his hair back. His heart raced even faster and he put his hand on his chest to make it stop. What were you doing that was causing him to feel like this? You weren't doing anything, you were just being you. He crossed his legs as he watched and stared at you. He was feeling something that he's never felt before. Yes, he's seen a lot of girls walk pass him, but this was something special. "Okay. It's ready. You ready to go, hun?" His mom asked.

He's still zoned off staring at you. You were..beautiful and making a little smile appear on his lips. "Billy?" He snaps back into reality. "Can I have a couple more minutes, ma? It's actually really nice outside" she's the reason why it's so sunny and beautiful outside, she can light up anything, he thought. "Really? I thought you weren't an outside person" his mom crossed her arms. He's still focused on you. Her eyes then follow his eyes and she sees you and Casey.

She smiled, too, and looked at him. "The girl?" He quickly looked at his mom. "What?" His mom tilts her head over to you. "The girl sitting on the pool edge, you think she's going to notice you?" She smiled. "Ma, she doesn't even know I'm looking at her" he laughed a little. "Well, maybe if you wave at her" he shook his head and looked over at you who was now looking at him. His heart jumps and beats and his body now feeling weak.

Back To You

"WE'RE OFF TO SEE THE WIZARD, THE WONDERFUL WIZARD OF OZ!!" You and Casey both sang. "I don't wanna go back home tomorrow" you told her. "Let's not worry about home, let's worry about fun" she replied. "WOO! Hold on, I need to sit" you climb onto the edge of the pool. "Wanna see something cool?" Casey then dives down underwater and does a hand stand. "That's easy!" You laughed. You were about to lay down to sun tan until your eyes landed on that same boy and mother you saw from the bathroom window. He's staring at you, weird. You couldn't see what he looked like from far distance, but he was staring the living shit out of you.

You just eyed him back. Maybe this will make him stop. You waved and smiled at him.

Back To Billy's POV

His hands started to shake when he saw you smile and wave at him. He did the same back, but his smile was bigger. "Alright, we gotta get home and eat dinner, Billy" he slowly gets into the car as you and him continued with the staring contest. He got into the car and stared at you through the window. His mom got in the car and started driving away. He quickly looked at the address so he could try coming back later.