Chapter 2

***

***

Waking up in my tent, feeling the heat of the sun already shining through. Even though the sun it hot and the days are getting hotter, nothing beats the Iraq sun.

Hearing nosie outside, I pull myself up from the cot bed, over my years of ruff sleeping. These beds aren't the worst.

Heading outside, to find most of the women doing some sort of chore, while the men other walk around on look out or pull apart Glenn's new car.

"Look at 'em. Vultures. Yeah, go on, strip it clean." Glenn cried, I laughed at the over dramatic pizza boy.

"Generators need every drop of fuel they can get. Got no power without it. Sorry, Glenn." Dale explained, Glenn shook his head understanding "I just thought I'd get to drive it at least a few more days."

"There, there Glenn. At least you got to drive it. I was hoping to take it out for a spin" I winked at him. He laughed and went a shade of pink.

I wasn't a flirt, not really but flirting with Glenn is fun cuz he get all flustered. It not as fun as seeing a flustered Daryl Dixons though.

"Maybe we'll get to steal another one someday." Rick said to us before pulling me away with him.

" hey what's up?" I asked him, "the man we left on the roof, you know him right?" Rick asked me. Did I know the man on the roof, did the swearing and shouting at him for leaving Merle on the roof not give it away.

"Yes I know him," I said, "so what would you say about a rescue mission" he smirked. Oh it good to have you back office.

"I'll get my things" I winked at him before running of to my tent. Grabbing my backpack, stuffing a jacket and a few spare bulets in the front pocket.

Slipping my two knives, into my back harness before grabbing my pistol putting it into my leg holster and swinging my rifle on my back.

Let's just say I come prepared.

That's when a screaming broke out from the woods behind my tent. I move so quick I don't realise where I'm going, I'm just following the screams of what are now sounding more like Carl.

I push through bushes and trees, find Carl and one of the little girls (I had yet to remember her name) from camp. "Carl, hey! Get you friends and run that way. Your mum and dad will come find you!" He looked conflicted. "GO!" I push him the way I just came from.

Now here I stood waiting for the motherfucker of what use to be a person, but when the walker never comes. I frowned. I slowly push through the bushes to find Rick, shane, Glenn , Jim and morales beating the shit out of the walker, who look like been feeding on a deer.

The walker turns towards me, I quickly pull my knife out from my back, stabbing it in the head. "Seriously people, how many time. Go for the head" I snap at them as the walker hits the floor.