Teaser

I've had ideas about writing a sapphic polyamorous story set in India, for a long time with chaotic characters. What I didn't really expect was to be writing romance or trying my hand in rom-com, considering I've only ever tried out low fantasy, but I do love a challenge and I've already grown fond of my characters. 

***

Florist Anya is determined that this will be the year her career blooms like the sweet jasmines she's tended to. She's in for a rude shock when she rents a building only to find out that it's been given to gorgeous and confident Kaynath, who owns her family confectionery. Kaynath never intended to get in her way to jeopardize her business but it's not her fault that the town has come to adore her sweets and chosen her. Recruiting the help of Mirza, her long time best friend, who runs a Bridal boutique, she vows to take over the building and make her business flourish.

Mirza doesn't want to be caught in their drama, especially since Kaynath is her regular customer and she adores her best friend. She proposes that whoever makes the most sales after a month gets to keep the building permanently, which they both oblige to.

Anya soon finds out that maybe she's got a sweet tooth not just for one, but maybe two people after all, if she can handle the secrets under the sweet sugar glaze and glamorous veils.

***

*This story uses prompt number #15 of the Open Novella Contest 2023.

Three women. Three secrets. Three tangled lives.