Plans

"Madison square garden?" I repeat.

"Yes, you heard right." Athena nods and points to the large screen I talked to my mom on. A gray picture of Madison Square Garden appears on the screen. A large blob of white glows in the center of the building right where the basketball court would be. "Our scans are picking up a huge heat signature right in the center of the building, and steadily glowing."

"What does that mean?" I ask.

Luke sighs, "It means there are a shit ton of bodies in that building.... If your squad lead, we are all dead."

"Can it Luke, this kid has done more in a less than a week than you have in your entire life." Thalia says.

"Easy." Athena stops them. "Now Percy, you and your squad are to go to the Garden and see what is making that mass heat sig. If its civilians, radio back and we'll start rescue operations... and if it's the infected... what did you and Annabeth call them?"

"Freaks, Ma'am." I say stiffly.

"Don't call me Ma'am, call me Athena." She smiles.

"Athena-

"Not you Luke, you call me Ma'am." She holds up a finger to him.

"Why does he get all this special treatment?" Luke complains.

"Because he's experienced, and if he survives this mission... he will be my son in law." She say and looks at me. "If it's the freaks, you blow that building back to Tartarus." She says. "If it is the freaks, radio back and get to the roof. A helo will pick you up and we can take care of the building. No go gear up, Annabeth show him to your new room."

My squad leaves and Annabeth takes my hand, and starts leading me out.

"Wait you two." Athena says.

"Was there more?" I turn back.

"No... just wanted to come clean. The Annabeth and Luke thing was real, but I realized how much you two care for each other." Athena says shifting her weight nervously. "I... I'm sorry about all of that. It's ok if you don't forgive me, but I do plan on earning your forgiveness." She says.

Annabeth lets go of my hand and rushes and hugs her Mom. "Can you marry us when he gets back?" she asks.

"Uh... yes I can, if that's ok?" Athena says hugging her daughter back.

"Ok, Come on Percy." Annabeth looks at me as she hugs Athena. I'm not sure what she means, so I join in the hug. "How do you know my mom?"

"Ok..." Athena say patting my back. "You and Annabeth have been going to the same schools since kindergarten, Your mom and I became friends in the PTA meetings." She sighs. "Go get geared up Jackson!" she says getting annoyed.

Annabeth takes me by the hand and leads me through winding halls that are all identical and eventually stopping at a door... that looks Identical to every other door. She opens the door and it's a fairly large room, wood paneling walls and a carpeted floor. A smaller double bed, not much space for two... I'm not complaining though. A tall closet with our clothes already in it. My gear sitting on a desk across from the bed.

"Nice room." I say looking around.

"Yeah..." She says softly.

"Is something wrong?" I ask putting my hands on her shoulders.

"Just scared.. for you... you know." She says shyly.

"Bah!" I say loudly making her jump.

"What was that?" she laughs. I shrug and hug her. She hugs me tightly. "Don't die." She says softly.

"Don't you remember? I'm too stupid to die." I say kissing the top of her head, and she laughs softly in my chest. "Now I gotta try to remember how to put this stuff on." I smile as she pulls away slowly.

"I'll help." She says.

She helps me put my vest on, and I slide my extra riffle mags into the pouches on the vest. I load my riffle and rack it and making sure the safety is on.

"All geared up..." I say.

"Here." She puts a small black box in the center of my vest. "It's a body cam, it will play a video on the big screen as you go through with the mission." She looks up at me, her cheeks red and eyes big. "When you get back, we are getting married and we are going to get naked, and break in the bed."

"SoUnds like a plan..." My voice cracks, she nods and leads me back to the Command Deck. As we walk in I notice on the big screen, it's showing what I'm looking at as I walk in. Luke stands there, his face nearly purple. Thalia looks like she's just won the lottery, Jason trying to hide his smiles. Athena looks like she just watched her grandma get run over by a reindeer. "Um... Annabeth." I point to the screen. "When did you turn this thing on?" I ask.

"It turns on as soon as it is placed onto its...." Her eyes go wide and her mouth drops. "Did they hear what I said?"

"Hey, do you guys have any plans later?" Jason says cracking up with Thalia.

"Yes they did." I say.

"I'm going to through myself off this boat." She says headbutting my vest.