Chapter 6: Panicked Winter Puppy

My eyes began to flutter open to the sound of a bag crinkling and someone muttering a series of swear words under their breath.

When consciousness finally took hold, I sat up, I was in my bed.

Everything was a bit fuzzy in my mind. The last thing I remember is that overwhelming feeling of relief when I realized Bucky was safe. I don't remember much after that.

As my body began to wake up, my nose was filled with the smell of flowers.

My eyes began to look around my room, what the hell?

There were maybe 6 vases filled with flowers.

I swing my feet over my bed, standing up. My legs felt like jelly.

I made my way to the bedroom door, opening it to find Wanda sprawled out in my living room.

Laying on the couch with a comically large bag of ships next to her as she watched some tv drama in another language.

She turned to head to look at me, while simultaneously popping another chip in her mouth and reaching for the remote.

"I knew you were waking up soon." She said while chewing and muting the tv.

I just looked at her.

"How long was I out this time?"

This wasnt the first time that after I tried something I passed out.

"3 days." She said casually while digging her hand back into the bag of chips.

I was surprised, 3 days is a new record for me.

"Yeah, you scared the shit out of me. But Bruce said you'd be fine, you just used a lot of energy very suddenly and your body needed to rest,"

"And you've been here for 3 days?" I said while looking around at my living room which looked like a tornado came through it.

"Had to make sure you didn't die or anything." She said with a smirk.

My eyes spotted another 4 vases filled with flowers.

"Oh, and playing guard dog."

My eyes snapped back to Wanda.

"You this is going to be good," She said while sitting back down on the couch, motioning to me to sit as well.

"I got bored after the second day. So Friday and I thought we'd make a little 'montage'

I looked at her confused.

"Friday, play 'panicked Winter Puppy'

She glanced at me, "I came up with the name."

"Playing 'panicked winter puppy," Friday said as an image popped up on the tv.

It started with Bucky standing at my door, this was the security feed from outside my door.

The video sped up, it was just Bucky coming and going, knocking on my door with flowers. Looking frustrated and leaving the flowers outside. Then coming back and doing the same thing several times. The next day, new outfit, same routine. Sometimes he would just pace outside my door, or sit on the floor. But the same thing on repeat. Knock, flowers, leave. Knock, flowers, leave.

He had to have come over a Dozen of times.

I just stared at the screen, frozen in disbelief.

"He tried so hard to convince me to let him in," she said with a little laugh.

Wanda and I both knew that if Bucky really wanted to get in, he could do it without breaking a sweat and with a bouquet of flowers in his hand.

Just as she was about to continue, her phone dinged.