Chapter 24: The Beginning

This chapter will be told a bit differently. Image everything being said in this chapter is being projected via hologram.

(Retelling of Chapter 1 to Bucky)

I still remember that look on my mother's face. I didn't know it at the time, but it was a look of realization, horror; after she saw my powers.

She made me pack a bag when I was finished and walked out of my room, she was frantically running around the house. Grabbing things frantically, and shoving them into bags.

She rushed me into the car, throwing the bags in the trunk.

"Hold on Honey."

She ran back into the house, leaving me in the car. I watched as she quickly ran back out of the house, a large black duffle bag thrown over her shoulder, and she was tucking something away under her jacket.

She looked the most frightened I have ever seen in my life. She got into the driver's seat, throwing the duffle on the floor of the passenger seat.

And then I saw it, the gun. She took it out from under her jacket, putting it on the passenger seat. My eyes went wide.

She quickly started backing out of our driveway onto the street.

She was driving fast, away from our house. Once we were a few streets away, I heard police sirens getting louder, then there were police cars speeding past us, going toward our house.

I watched as the cars passed us. Trying to turn around in my seat to see what was happening.

"Everything will be alright." I heard my mother say.

I turned back to face her, meeting her eyes in the rearview mirror.

"Everything will be alright." She said while nodding her head, trying to smile.

"I won't let anything happen to you, we will be alright."

I still don't know if she was trying to convince me of that, or herself.

Either way, neither of us seemed to be fully convinced.

I now know, she called the police on my father. For them to find all of his stuff he brought home from work. Chemical weapons, weapons of mass destruction, and hundreds of illegal things, just laying around in a regular shed.

She was trying to buy us some time.

The only thing it did, was make my father more furious with rage.

We didn't know at the time, but the police, some of them at least, were in my father's pocket.

I took my eyes off my hologram, looking at Bucky, watching his face

"If one head is cut off," I said quietly.

I watched as Bucky's jaw clenched, his gaze slowly meeting mine.

"two more shall take its place." I said with a sigh.