Chapter 12

Irwin Pristine

The trees passed me by. I got drenched in the moist air of the night. At least, I was full for now, for Nodelyn made something for me to eat when I went home after practice. It was a quick snack before me and Leon left to fetch the golden boy.

I hoped there was some chicken left over for tomorrow. 

My desire was to try and sneak out a piece of it before morning hunger woke us. Leon’s car now carried three of us from Santa Cruz.

The rearview mirror gave me a wholly odd view. Rian sat in the back of the Audi with Leon driving. Rian rocked from side to side as if he was scared of looking outside.

All of us have been silent after we picked him up from the therapist. Leon almost never wanted to do it. Donavan begged him since he had to drive to collect some pads that were repaired by the owner.

So, here we were, three men, one car, and only one of them were a homosexual, fantastic. The only reason I bothered coming with Leon was that he was taking me to pick up some females.

It wasn't that I cared, but I might as well go. 

Leon turned the car. My phone rang bumping the methodical Gaza God’s Summertime into the car. Everyone shivered like happy days were here again. I looked at the screen. It was Nodelyn, so I refused to answer. Two more calls made Leon bob his head to the lyrics, damn, even Rian nodded his head to it. 

 “Yo, is that your girlfriend?” Leon asked. I paused then he smirked as his eyes slid up at me briefly before returning to the road. Looking flustered, I tried to relax my body. 

“No, sister,” I retorted.

“Who, sexy body Nodelyn or do you have other sisters?”

I frowned, “Man youth, build.”

“I'm just asking,” he replied.

I groaned, because I knew I was fighting a higher power with my disdain for men going at my sister.

Leon laughed. “You must be tired of being your sister’s cashier.” He cleared his throat. “Can I get a side order of breast, lots of pepp—” He already started laughing. “Lots of pepper, please! Hold on, then you say, would you like that at the house or the hotel?”

Leon burst out laughing and I could not have held off the smile on my face. I looked at the rearview, and even Rian was laughing.

“Wait there, how you find that funny Rian, remember you is a funny man. I don’t see why you are laughing,” I said.

Rian quirked an eyebrow as Leon laughed louder. "I was not laughing at your stupid joke, I was laughing at how stupid you guys are," replied Rian.

Leon said, “Whoooa…” A grin widened on his face as he turned off onto the next road. “Yo, Rian you need to get a taste of women before you can speak on such matters. You think so Prix?”

“It look so. Him need some holy ghost. The lady’s breast special must baptize him,” I answered.

Leon laughed as Rian fired back. “Very funny.”

“No, you are funny,” I replied. 

Leon laughed harder.

Rian replied, “Would you guys stop that, I am not gay.”

“After what you said at the church, everybody thinks you are.” Leon pointed out. 

“What did he really say at that church anyway, actually which church was it?” I asked.