Chapter 20: Sightseeing Part 2

"Shourya bhai! Kab se aapko dhoondh rahe hai! Dekhiye! It's a camel! Mujhe camel ride krna hai!" Riya says when she see her brother.

(Shourya brother! We've been looking for you since forever. Look! It's a camel! I really want to ride it!"

Shourya and Virat helps everyone onto the camels. There was only room for two people per camel. Shourya turns to his fiancée to help her onto their camel but she backtracks.

"Nahi. I don't want to!" 

Shourya laughs before reaching for her hand. 

"No please," she squeals, "mujhe nahi jaana!"

(No!)

(I don't want to go!)

"Kuch nahi hoga, chalo na."

(Nothing will happen, come on.)

Shourya tries to coax her a few more times but she was determined to not ride the camel. He signalled the others to go ahead, they'll meet at the next place for lunch.

The couple decides to walk for a little bit through the market before finding a way to get to the restaurant for lunch. Shourya clears his throat before asking, "Were you scared of the camel ride?"

"Na-nahi, I just didn't want to hurt the camel." Her voice quivers as she tries to act confident.

(N-no.)

"Accha?"

(Really?)

"Ji."

(Yes.)

He laughs.

"Hmmmmm, that night I asked you to sit with me because you didn't acknowledge me when we picked you guys up."

He scratches the back of his neck as he gazes at Meera's dumbfounded face. He was so embarrassed to tell her, but she was so upset about it he didn't want it to linger between them.

"I wanted to say something about it but didn't know how. I know it wasn't the ummm nicest way to approach you but. . . ."

He waits for a reaction and about a couple of seconds later he hears a soft, melodious giggle.

She wasn't mad
"Toh yeh aap wase bhi toh keh sakte the, raat ko aise bolne ki kya zaroorat thi?"

(You could have said it as it was then, why did you say it so weirdly at night?)

Shourya turns to her and says, "Oh really, wase bhi keh sakte tha? Sab ke samne? Aur jo sharma kar chup jati woh? Uska kya?"

(Oh really, I could have just said it? In front of everyone? And what about you going all shy?)

Meera looks down at her feet as she blushes.

"Dekha!"

(See!)

Shourya laughs at his fiancée.

"Saab, yeh dekhiye! Nayi chudiyan aayi hai, bohot acchi hai!"

(Sir, look at these! they are new bangles, they are very nice!)

Shourya smiles at the colourful bangles before he turns to his sweet, little Meera and raises his eyebrows.