Chapter 10: Jin and Jod's trap_Part 1

Everything was going fine, with the ralad on Barda's back and Lief running besides him. Jasmine perched up in the branches, and the girl flying with May in her arms. Until an eerie sound was heard in the silence and a bomb exploded near Lief, surprising him.
" There's a whole patrol of guards chasing after us and they're firing blisters!"
" And whose fault was that?!" Cried the girl, as she struggled between dodging bombs flown at her and holding May at the same time.
" Lazy butts," muttered May,referring to their chasers.
" Arragh!" Cried the girl, as she got hit and started to plummet to the ground. May closed her eyes, waiting with for the impact but it never came. Instead she found her in the arms of Lief and she blushed furiously. Lief panted for air then stopped when he realised she was very light.
" Your weight..."
" Huh?"
" Lief, why did you stop!  They're gaining on us," grumbled Barda, slowing down.
" No, Barda. Keep going, I think I can handle it."
When the grey guards were close enough, they stopped and started aiming their blisters. But balls of thorns were thrown at them from above, by Jasmine companied by the purple haired girl who was injured severely on the arm.
They kept on throwing pieces of thorns, until the others were far enough.
" Let's go Filli," Jasmine." You too."
The girl just huffed." Whatever. The only reason I stayed with you was because I need to check if you would mess up on your throws, y'know-"
" What!!"
" Don't worry they're just about average" she pointed out.
" You pesty,little-"
" If you want to get me. Catch me if you can!" And the chase was on between the two of them. The girl safely landed next to the group, while Jasmine landed next to her on annoyance.
" Thanks that helped a lot," said Lief, smiling.
" Oh, it was nothing," boasted the girl.
" Let's go," said Jasmine, slowly." Because if you haven't noticed... we're being chased by grey guards!"
Everyone nodded once and continued running. On the way they ran into some wild berries.
" Hmmmmm. What's that smell? Is that sweet plum?" mumbled the girl. May smiled, as she smelled the sweet smell as well.
" Hurry. We don't have much time" said Barda.
" Whatever." May ran after them, after collecting about ten handfuls of  sweet plums and placing them in her small bag. Together they ran for quite some time. When May got tired of running, she turned around and realised-
" Guys, they're not chasing us anymore." They all slowed down and turned back.
" Huh?"
" What?"
" What the hell."
" Oh, that's a relief," sighed Lief. The girl slapped him from the back.
" It was you and your idiotic plan," she growled. Barda placed the ralad, who was now on the bink of unconsciousness, against a tree. Jasmine quickly took out a container with some greenish like lotion and rubbed it on his arms and legs.
" I made it myself. It was my mother's recipe, it helps heal skin quickly." The ralad nodded and smiled with gratitude.
" Oh there's no need to thank me." He just nodded again.
" Like anyone would want to thank you," mumbled the girl. May silently laughed.
" We're still not completely out of danger," said Lief, getting up." We need to scout the area."But before he could even start to walk, the ralad grabbed his cloak, refusing to let go. Lief turned back to the ralad.
" You rest and wait here." The ralad looked unsure. May bent to his level and held his shoulder firmly.
" Don't worry we will be right back. Just trust us, okay?" The ralad, reluctantly, let go and everyone started to walk off. He shook his head, in dismay.
Back with the others, May stopped her companions. Her head was filled with questions that needed to be answered.
" Um..."
" Did you want to say something?" asked Lief.
" Yeah..."
" Well, what is it?" replied Barda.
" Well, first off. Who are you?"
" Me?" asked the girl.
" Yes..." saidd May, embarrassed though not sure why. The girl smiled.
" Well, that's a secret."
" Don't bother her. We just met in the Forest of Silence. No need for details," explained Jasmine.
" Well, we did meet in the Forest of Silence. But we don't even know her name" said Lief, scratching the back of his head.
" To be honest, I don't even know why she's with us-" said Barda.
" -all she does is annoy us," grumbled Jasmine. The girl huffed.
" Well, that was rude." May just blinked.
" Mind if I take this little lady with me for a little chat?" smiled the girl, she didn't give the others a chance and pulled May away. She grabbed onto her waist and flew up a tree.
" So what do you what to know?"
" Um... well, the basic stuff," answered May, nervously. She hadn't really thought of what to say.
" Maybe like your name and age-"
" The name's Kest Brii, but just call me Kest and I'm about the same age as you."
" Oh. So why are you secretive?" asked May, growing more confident.
" Well, as they said we just met in the Forest of Silence. I just don't trust anyone..."
" Then why tell me?"
" Well, it's seems that you're maybe one of the only people who haven't annoyed for me yet from when we first met and that my friend, is inevitable."
" Oh. Well, what about your-" Kest held her head, in pain.
" Arragh! Sorry, but is that all you wanted to say? 'Cause I have to go."
" Why are you going?"
" Need to take care of something," said Kest, quickly avoiding the question.
" But before I go, tell your companions this..."