Chapter 18: Dreamtime

The four companions said their farewells and returned to Raladin, there they were perceived as heroes. Ralads surrounded them with dance and flutes were played with happy songs.
" What's wrong?" asked Lief.
" I thought they all got their voices back," said Jasmine, confused.
" There are no words to express this amount of joy, so instead we express it through music," replied Manus. The leader stepped forward.
" Our people are externally grateful, it is for this reason we play our flutes." A ralad stepped forward, then another.
" Everyone thanks you," said one.
" We are forever in your debt," said another.
" Lief, Barda and Jasmine thank you for everything. We will never forget you for as long as we live." Manus turned to May." I'm sorry, but I never really got your name." May jumped. Jasmine turned to her.
" That's true..."
" We don't even know your name," said Lief, surprised at himself. May laughed, nervously." My name, huh..."
Children gathered around her feet." Please tell us, miss!"
May fiddled with her fingers. She debated whether to tell to them or not, but then sighed in defeat." Well, though I don't remember much, but I think my name is... May."
" May? Never heard anyone named that," replied Barda.
" You think? It's what I feel I should be called." They all stared at her. They're looks watching her with cautiously.
" Don't think too much about it guys, I'm pretty sure that's my name. Though that's all I know tho."
" Short and simple," said Jasmine with a smile. May grinned back, half-heartedly.
" Yeah... Short and simple." She turned back to her cabin before anyone could ask anymore questions. She curled into a ball as the week's memories came in as a whirlwind. A flashback of a woman and a young girl came into mind and when she tried to get it back, it disappeared. May knew she was forgetting something. Something important, but she didn't know what. Her mind started to fall into a deep slumber and dreams sprung vividly.

" May! May! Stay with us! May!"
Sirens of all kinds filled her ears, she had her back laid on a bed that was moving at a fast pace. Her surroundings were all blurry and fuzzy with white blots. The strange woman from before hovered over her with a scared expression. People with white coats surrounded her inspecting her from head to toe. In the distance the strange woman yelled to a person cloaked in white.
" She was doing fine before! What's happening?!"
" I'm afraid she's going into a coma state and there's nothing we can do about it. It's all what's going in her head of hers."
" So I can't do anything, except wait for a miracle to happen?" She cried in a desperate voice. The person didn't reply back.
" Surely I could comfort her... Tell me, can she still hear me?" The person shook their head.
" On most occasions, no."
The woman just shook her head. May's last image was over the woman crying besides her, telling her to not giving up. When a white cloak person placed a mask over her face, making the world around her go black.
  May's eyes opened once again and she found herself on a bed, in a room that held a nostalgic feeling. She went to sit up, when a sharp pain entered through her brain. The same strange woman entered through the door and appeared more clearer than before. She held food in her hands, while pulling a strand of blonde hair back, while the rest covered her face.
" May~ I've got breakfast easy for you, just in case you're-." Her plate of food fell on the floor." ...Awake." She ran over and hugged May tightly." Oh my goodness, you're awake. This is a miracle. The doctors let you go easily, I thought it was too good to be true."
May had enough of all the things happening around her and curiosity took over." What's going on?" She asked, her voice croaking. The woman grabbed a cup of water and gave it to her. Then leaned back," After about 2 weeks at the hospital, they let you go. You hadn't even woken up, yet. It was like they wanted to get rid of you. They said everything was fine, except one thing. But that couldn't be true... Right?"
May looked at her confused. The woman sighed." I mean to forget who you are is a bit too extreme, you're doing perfectly fine."
May opened without hesitation." But who are you again?" The woman's face changed drastically and her trembled in fear.

May flew up in surprise. She could still feel the affects, lingering to her body. Her surroundings were dark, but she knew she was back in Raladin, by the torch reflecting the walls complexity. Her head thought of the dreams she had and wondered what they meant. They seemed so real, she couldn't get the feeling off. But she started feeling sleepy again and felt her body finally took over. Her mind was filled with strange dreams for the rest of that night.
--