𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟑: 𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐒𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐬

The water was crashing on the shore, a little to high for Aila and Lo'ak's liking, which were still asleep.

The water creep onto Aila's feet and up to her legs, she groaned and dug her head deeper into Lo'ak's chest.

The water was cold and the breeze that came from the ocean didn't help, this day on Awa'atlu was particularly cold for some reason.

The water kept creeping up on Aila and eventually reached Lo'ak, he started to shiver, pulling Aila closer to him for her warmth.

Aila felt like it was time to finally open her eyes and see what was up with the tide touching them.

"Oh my gosh, Lo'ak get up." Aila said grabbing his arm.

"Aila, what is it?"

"Do you want to get wet?"

"No"

"Then GET UP!" Aila screamed.

Lo'ak groaned and got up, his eyes still adjusting to the bright light that reflected off the water.

"Why is it so difficult for you to get up?" Aila questioned while hitting his chest lightly.

"I don't know, maybe I have some sort of condition." Lo'ak replied.

Aila giggled and hit him once again.

"Oh you wanna play that game?" Lo'ak questioned

"What game hmm," Alia answered.

"This one," Lo'ak replied as he scooped Aila up and started running towards to ocean.

"LO'AK what are you doing?" Aila questioned him while she was hitting him on his back, hard but not hard enough to hurt him.

Lo'ak just chuckled to himself, not answering her and just kept running.

"Lo'ak put me down!" Aila screamed.

"You really want down?" Lo'ak questioned.

"Yes, plea-," Aila was cut off as she felt the cold water from the ocean hit her back and her head submerge under it.

Aila realized what Lo'ak had just done and shot up right out of the water, rubbing her eyes and putting her hair back in place.

"Lo'ak that's not what I meant!" Aila said as she walked towards Lo'ak who was still standing there laughing, not answering her.

So, she walked up to him more, "that wasn't funny you Skxawng," she said.

"I thought it was pretty funny," Lo'ak said in between laughs.

"Oh ok, let's see how you like it." Aila said as she grabbed Lo'ak by the arm and started dragging him out deeper, she could see the confused look on his face.

Once they were out deep enough Aila gave Lo'ak an evil look and dove under the water, she went down to the bottom where his feet were and moved her forearm behind his ankles. She then brought them up from under the ground, making him fall into the water.

Lo'ak slammed into the water. He opened his eyes under the water and saw Aila smirking at him. He rolled his eyes as he jumped out of the water.

Aila jumped up and meet eyes with Lo'ak that had a devilish smirk on his face, she didn't know what he was up to but she was nervous after what she just did. So, she started to back up with her hands up in defense, slightly giggling to herself.

"Where ya going, hmm?" Lo'ak questioned.

Aila just shrugged and looked down as she kept backing up until she felt a hand grab her waist and pull her towards them, making her hands land on his chest.

"You were about to fall into a rock." Lo'ak stated.

Aila couldn't answer she was mesmerized by the person standing in front of her, his golden yellow eyes, the way his hands made her get shivers down her spine, how he was the only person she felt truly comfortable around.

"What is it?" Lo'ak questioned pulling her out of her trance as he tilted his head.

"Hmmm?" Aila replied.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Lo'ak questioned again.

"Can I not look at you?"

"Yes you can, I love it when you do but your looking at me in way that you never have before"

"Maybe it's because I finally got you back."

Lo'ak stifled a laugh and pulled her closer to him, smirking.

Aila threw her arms around his neck as Lo'ak placed his hand on her neck, which made her shiver.

"You know what I love about you?" Lo'ak questioned breaking the silence that had crept over them.

"What?"

"Your voice" Lo'ak replied as Aila looked down in embarrassment, her cheeks burning.

"Hey, look at me when I'm talking to you," Lo'ak said as he grabbed her chin and pulled it up so she was looking at him.

Aila started to blush harder, she hated when Lo'ak saw her blush but she couldn't help it around him.

"You know what I love about you?" Aila questioned.

Lo'ak hummed

"Your eyes"

"How come." Lo'ak questioned.

"How the glow in the sun and how they're the perfect golden yellow." Aila answered, tilting her head to the side, slightly.

Lo'ak's cheeks turned slightly pink at her response and he formed a smile.

"I lo-" Lo'ak got cut off by someone calling Aila's name.

"That's my father, I hope he didn't see us!" Aila said worriedly as she turned around to see where the voice was coming from.

"Go, go." Lo'ak said while he gave he a quick kiss on the forehead as he pushed her along.

Aila ran to her hut, where she assumed her father was. Giving a quick wave to Lo'ak as she neared her hut.

907 words

Hope y'all enjoyed this cute little chapter.

Please vote, comment, and follow!<3

Btw thank y'all for 4k reads!