𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟓: 𝐌𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐬

Aila and Lo'ak had once again fallen asleep together out of their huts. Once they woke up they both had to leave each others sides because they had duties to fulfill.

Eclipse had started to fall and all of the Metkayian clan and the Sullys were at a celebration, nobody knew what it was for but they were soon to find out. Only Aila and her parents knew. Not even her siblings knew.

Aila and Lo'ak were sitting at a table with Rotxo, Kiri, Neteyam, Tuk, and Tsireya. Aonung was with his family, he didn't want to be around Lo'ak and Aila after what happened the other day.

Lo'ak had his hand on Aila's thigh, under the table enough so nobody could see unless they were inspecting them.

Lo'ak leaned over to Aila's ear and started to whisper something, "You look beautiful tonight."

Aila started to blush. Aila had changed her necklace to one that had a small pearl on it, she had on a leaf top with small pearls on it to match her necklace and her hair was in two braids rather than her hair being placed on her shoulders.

Lo'ak stifled a laugh and looked around the table, everyone was looking at the two.

"What's up with you two?" Rotxo asked.

Lo'ak backed away from Aila and looked down, embarrassed.

"None of your business." He stated, looking up at Rotxo with a smirk.

"Come on bro. Tell us." Rotxo said.

Lo'ak looked at Aila and let her talk.

"Nothing. It's nothing." Aila stated.

Lo'ak was slightly hurt by this but he understood why she said it. It was forbidden and she didn't want anyone going around telling someone.

Tonowani stood up, "Can everyone come outside, we have an announcement!" He stated.

Everyone got up out of the seats and started piling through the exit.

Aila and Lo'ak came to a log that was in the back of the circle of logs and sat down, beside each other, with their friend group beside them.

Tonowani stood on a podium that was slightly higher than the ground, "we have an announcement!" He stated.

Aila's heart began to beat rapidly. She knew this was what she had been dreading all day. She didn't know how Lo'ak was going to react but she hoped she wouldn't lose him, even though she knew she probably would.

Tonowani cleared his throat, "Niri'te please join me." As Niri'te stood on the podium, Tonowani grasped his shoulder, "Niri'te, the son of Nix'te and Leyra. We are happy to announce that Niri'te and my oldest daughter, Aila are to be mated!"

The crowd started cheering as Aila's heart dropped.

Aila looked in Lo'ak's direction. She saw the hurt in his eyes.

"Lo'ak, I-" she was cut off as Lo'ak got up and ran.

Aila reached for him, "Lo'ak! Wait." She screamed after him.

"Daughter come up and join us." Tonowani said as he reached out his hand.

Aila looked up at her father as a tear fell down her face.

Sadness was laced all over her face but when she saw her father smile at her it quickly turned to anger. As the tears started to stream down her face she gazed into her fathers eyes, hard.

Aila shook her head negatively and was about to start running when someone grabbed her arm, her father.

"Where do you think your going?" Tonowani stated.