Chapter 8

"So basically-" I started but got interrupted by a new text. "Wait a minute, Izzy." I said, taking my phone to answer. I've been on a video call with her since lunch, which was 2 hours ago, but it definitely didn't feel like that. Not when Nijiro was texting me every ten minutes. "Alright, so...where were we?"

"You wanted to tell me who's texting you all the time," She smirked, taking a sip of her drink.

"It's no one," I laughed a little.

"So, Mr. 'No one' now huh? That's a big jump from calling our crushes pineapple," She laughed and so did I.

"I'll tell you when the time comes, alright?" I said with a smile and she just nodded, already excited for it for some reason. "Now, tell me how's Ryan doing."

"You know," Izzy answered, not really wanting to go to that conversation.

"Izzy," I muttered, sighing.

"I talked with him yesterday. It was just too much for him at that time. He is alright now, don't worry." She answered with a little smile to make me stop worrying. "He takes care of your plants," she added, chuckling.

"Oh god, which one died?" I asked with a laugh.

Izzy paused for a second, trying to get serious, "The cactus,"

"Not the cactus," I gasped dramatically, laughing even more than before.

The call went on for so long that Nijiro was now blowing up my phone completely.

"Oh my god," I muttered, noticing all the messages. "Pineapple is obsessed," I chuckled and so did Izzy. Ryan, who joined the call not so long ago, just stared at us, rethinking our whole friendship.

"So he is actually a pineapple!" Izzy yelled and I just nodded with a little smile. "Yes! y/n got a new crush! TELL ME."

"Wait what. Why?" Ryan asked confusedly, his eyes moving from me to Izzy. "WHY would you call a guy pineapple. Wait, was I ever pineapple?"

"We've been friends since high school, but there is still a lot you have to learn," Izzy answered calmly, nodding her head in a rhythm, assuring him she means it.

"You've been pineapple the whole high school, dude. You listened to our conversations about pineapple!" I yelled, surprised he actually doesn't know the pineapple thing.

"Oh," Ryan muttered. I wasn't sure if he even caught what was happening at the moment.

"Alright, give me a second," I said, taking my phone to answer. But before I could do so the doorbell of mine started ringing all over the place. Shoot, I noticed the texts too late. I put down my phone, running to the door, leaving Izzy and Ryan in confusion.

"Hey, you okay? It's raining out there," I said, closing the door behind him.

"Yeah, sorry. That's really the reason I am here. If you don't mind though,"

I just shook my head. "You're always welcomed here, love." I took his jacket, going to place it over the chair so it would dry, sending him to go to the living room.

I quickly ran back to end the video call before it would turn into a problem with Nijiro right behind me.

"Guys, I have to go. Pineapple is here," I whispered and ended the call before it was too late.

"Oh, you didn't need to, I would just sit outside of the view,"

"No chance, they had me the whole afternoon, now's your time," I smiled, making him smile too as he sat down.

"Oh yeah?" He asked and I had to chuckle.

"Actually, no, get out." I laughed, walking to him.

"Alright," Nijiro laughed, taking my hand to pull me into a hug. "I missed you," he whispered and I was smiling again. Everything this man did to me without even knowing, oh my god.

"Of course," I chuckled, trying to play it cool. "I missed you too," I added, muttering, taking a few steps back. "Do you want something to eat?"

"I am not hungry," He shook his head.

"Then a snack?" I asked, really just so I wouldn't be the only one taking something. "I got an ice cream."

"Alright, I have some too then," I smiled, turning around to get to my kitchen.

"What flavor do you want?" I asked, taking out two different flavors.

"Anything you take," I nodded, putting one of the ice-creams back to the fringe.

"What brings you here actually? You probably told me over the texts, but I didn't get to look yet." I admitted, with two spoons in my hands.

"It's raining outside, I was near and needed a place to hide. I hope I am not a big of a trouble."

"Don't worry about that at all," I said, giving him one of the spoons before sitting next to him. "My house is always open for you," I smiled. "Do you wanna watch something? I started one show yesterday - it's amazing so far - we could start it from the start and watch it together." I offered and got a nice nod as an answer.

"Wait, we shouldn't start another episode. It's late, I should go." Nijiro said, raising his head to look at me.

"You know, you could sleep over." I said, still cuddling with him on my sofa.

"Are you sure?"

"Babe, we're both adults. I think we can do whatever," I laughed a little. "But if you want to go you can, I am not holding you here."

"You kind of are," He laughed, painting out that I am still hugging him.

"Oh come on,"

"Then if you don't mind," He said, hugging me back, making himself more comfortable. "I'd like to stay and watch it with you."