chapter twentyone

Eliana's POV:

I can't believe he's actually letting me go.
That he gives up and openly shows me that he's not interested.
I didn't expect it any other way from him.
When I was about to leave after turning around, he held my hand and pulled me so close to him that I could already feel his breath.
"Eliana... I think we both agree that our feelings are not fake. I'm sorry for everything, I'm also sorry for all the tears you shed because of me. You know I was so unsure about how I felt about you.
I thought it was already settled when you told me all that in the dinner with the team. And even just with Jules... I'm jealous of everything when it comes to you.
But I can't hide all that anymore and I can't force myself."
He stopped for a moment and took a deep breath to continue.
"You don't know how much you make me happy.
All the touches, the texts you send me, your smile, your voice. You saved me from the scandals and now here I am.
I was... I was scared. That's why I tried to reassure you that I had 'no' feelings for you."
Pablo looked to the floor in shame, however, I placed both my hands on his cheeks and made him look me in the eyes.
I was very shocked to be honest, yet what he said made me more than happy.
"Eliana."
"Pablo."
"I love you."

After those three words, all I heard was the rush of blood rising in my face.
I forgot about everything at that moment.
The only decision I had in my head was that I should kiss him.
And that's what I did.
His soft lips were on mine, he was shocked for a few seconds, but he returned the kiss and meanwhile placed his hands on my back.
He is the man I cried for and now I kissed him.
It sounds crazy, but when you're in love, you would do many things without hesitation.
But after a few minutes I ended the kiss and breathlessly waited for an answer, instead he laughed lightly.
"That was surprising."
I smiled. "Yeah."
It was silent for a long time, the only thing we did was look into each other's eyes, while smiling.
"I love you too." I finally said as something felt empty and smiled even wider when he pulled me into a hug.
"Shall we go to my place?" he asked me softly, smelling my scent on the crook of my neck the next second, which tickled a little.
"If you want."

After half an hour, we were both lying on the sofa in his living room, snuggled up watching a movie.
My head was on his shoulder, his hand was placed on my arm so that we sit close enough together.
I missed his closeness so much and that makes me even happier that he has feelings for me too.
That means that the relationship will be real from now on, doesn't it?
"Eliana, about my ex at the coffee shop....
We used to be best friends, but since everyone expected us to be together, we did it. We didn't love each other, it was just for fun. I haven't told anyone though because I know the guys will laugh at me for it."
I've never heard a story like that before.
"You're very stupid."
He shrugged laughing and pulled me even closer.
If he keeps this up I'll end up on his lap soon enough.
When he was about to say something, his phone rang and he looked who wanted to facetime him.
"Pedro it's very late, what do you want?"
"Pablito do you want to tell me something?" he smiled very broadly and moved his head from left to right, making Pablo even more confused.
"Look at dailybarcanews. Is Eliana with you?"
His phone moved to me, I just waved with a weak smile and made a short small talk.
"So you guys made up and KISSED?!"
"I think you need to go to sleep. I'll tell you everything in the training."

After the short call, we finished watching the movie and then we were already at his front door, since it was time to go home.
"I'm really relieved that we have the stress behind us." Pablo admitted openly and put a strand of my hair behind my ear.
I never knew he could be so romantic.
"Me too, so does that mean..."
"Yes the relationship will be real from now on. With real feelings." he finished my sentence with a smile and took a few steps closer.
"Arrive home safely and text me after you slept.
I love you."
And again I felt something tingling in my stomach.
"I love you too."
After a short kiss I got into the car and drove home thinking about him.
If Christina finds out about all this, she's going to freak out.
But we finally made it.
I know he was under love pressure.