ONE

Beep Beep...

The alarm clock on my bedside table starts blaring, jolting me out of my too nice dream. I groan in response, my head pounding from the sudden noise.

With heavy eyelids, I reach out to slam the snooze button, but it seems to mock me, refusing to cooperate.

Ugh... piece of shit.

Beep Beep...

The relentless beeping continues, piercing through the quiet morning air.

I turn on the bed in frustration, trying to drown out the noise with my pillow.

It's like an annoying fight of wills between me and the alarm clock, and it's sadly winning.

Beep Beep...

"Okay, okay, I'm up! Just damn... shut it," I mutter to myself, my voice laced with irritation. I move my hand towards the table again.

This time I finally manage to turn it off, but when I say "turn off," I actually mean slamming it against the wall across the room.

The sound of shattering plastic fills the air, providing a momentary sense of satisfaction. It was better than the beeping noise.

I let out a sigh as my eyes fall upon the shattered alarm clock, its pieces scattered across the floor. A strange sense of regret washes over me.

I gotta get a new one... again. But hey, at least it quiet.

As I ponder the mess I've made, a notion pops into my head. I really need to ask my parents for money, or at least get a job.

I move to the edge of the bed and plant my feet on the ground,

The cool touch of the hardwood floor sends a shiver up my spine, serving as a reminder that staying in bed will only lead to more sleep and procrastination.

Still tired, I clumsily step over the lifeless alarm on my way to the closet.

I hastily throw on an oversized sweatshirt and some comfy gray pants before making my way downstairs to look for food.

As I come down the stairs, I notice that it's completely quiet. Strange - I was sure my parents would be home today, well, that's what they said.

I quickly move down the quiet hallway on my way to the kitchen, but froze in my movements.

I spot two black suitcases just staying there, blocking the front door. Confusing spreading all over my face.

They definitely weren't there yesterday. Wait, Were they?

I shrug it off, it too early for my brain to work. I walk over towards the kitchen but then my mom suddenly bursts out from the kitchen.

I flinched and slightly jump back. My heart races from the surprise appearance. What the hell is going on in her head.

Like Geez, that woman sure knows how to catch someone off guard.

"Oh, you're finally up." she says, acting casual after nearly scaring the life out of me.

"We're all set to go, so if you can get your bag, it would be nice," she adds, her words a bit hurried.

Feeling a bit disoriented, I pause to compose myself: Bag? Ready to go?

Did I forget something crucial again? "What are you talking about?" I ask, utterly clueless.

Could this be some unexpected holiday twist?

I really hope not because right now, all I crave is catching up on a Netflix show and relishing a peaceful morning.

Suddenly, my dad steps out from behind my mom, holding a cup of coffee. He must've overheard the conversation and wants to clarify.

Insane  // Rafe CameronOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara