THREE

Without waiting for me to catch my breath and answer, he said. "You can't leave. You know too much now."

As soon as I heard that sentence from his mouth, I stumbled up from the floor, not caring that my body was against me.

I need to get away or I will eventually be killed by this insane psycho.

I tried to make a run, but he quickly slips his hand around my waist and pulled me to him, making me feel his body heat.

He glances down at me with a stern expression. "What do you think you're doing? Like I said, you're not going anywhere," he asserts firmly.

Using his free hand, he swings the door open and guides me out with him. I attempt to resist his hold, but he remains steadfast, not yielding an inch.

"Someone...help!" I cry out, the desperation evident in my voice, hoping for any sign of assistance.

Rafe lets out a chuckle. "It's pointless, nobody can hear you," he remarks with a smirk.

If this situation wasn't already freaking me out, his words surely sealed the deal.

As we approach the stairs, his demeanor shifts, forcefully maneuvering my hands behind my back, displaying a determination to maintain control.

Then, without a moment's notice, he direct me to stand in front of him, completely cutting off any possible escape route.

It's as if he effortlessly anticipates my every move, leaving me feeling trapped and helpless.

Despite my desperate attempts to resist, he quickly responds to my escape attempt by forcefully pushing me forward.

His voice carries a sharp warning... "Don't even think about it."

When we made our way to the second floor, he guided me down the expansive hallway until we reached a door nearby.

With a small gesture, he ushered me into the room, and then, with a sudden release of his grip, he pushed me inside.

My first instinct is to run back towards the door, but to my dismay, it already closed and lock.

Fuck.

I turn around to face the room he forced me into, to see the options I have and what I'm working with.

But I was left shocks to my core. I have imagined that it would be some sort of guest room, but to say the least, it definitely wasn't.

The room is dimly lit, messy and filled with all sorts of questionable items and stuff.

There was empty bottles and money scattered on the table along with white powder. And the distinct smell of weed lingers in the air.

-It's looks like someone is having a problem, an extremely illegal problem.

My eyes slowly move and wander to the king-size bed, adorned with black bed linen. Reliving, the bed didn't look that bad.

Above the bed hangs a painting with a gold frame, similar to the ones throughout the house.

I then notice a bookshelf filled with old books by the door. It doesn't seem like they were chosen for reading, but rather to add an air of opulence.

Next to the bookshelf, there's a black door that I assume leads to the bathroom.

The room definitely gives off a guy vibe, but the problem is that the only guy in this house is Rafe.

Why would he put me in here? Maybe because nobody would look for me here...

My heart started racing, and I couldn't shake off the feeling of being trapped. It feels like I have no way out.