⁠❥ Chapter 1

The shadows of the night embraced him as he ran, his breath coming in ragged gasps as fear lent strength to his feet. He had to find a way out of the dark forest, but he knew that if he didn't, it wouldn't be long before they caught him.

Banda ran on and on, stumbling over roots and dodging trees in an effort to shake his pursuers. His heart raced as his mind conjured up all sorts of horrifying scenarios about what would happen to him if he were caught.

Finally, after what seemed like an eternity of running, he spotted a light in the distance. He made a run for it and soon found himself standing on the edge of a clearing where there was an old abandoned cabin.

Without hesitation, Banda ran to the doorway and yanked open the door with all his strength, slipping inside just as his pursuers appeared from the trees.

He bolted the door shut and with trembling fingers, scrambled to find something to barricade it with. Fortunately, there were a few old pieces of furniture scattered about which he was able to pile up against the entrance. Panting, he leaned back against the wall and waited for his heart rate to slow down.

He slowly surveyed his surroundings, taking note of the clean and lavender smell that seemed to be in the cabin. The only light was from a window in the corner and he could barely make out objects in the darkness. He began to explore further, feeling around on shelves for anything useful. After searching for several minutes, his hand brushed against something cold and he felt a thrill of excitement - it was the handle of a gun!

Banda lifted it from its resting spot, marveling at its weight in his hands. It seemed to fit perfectly; like it was meant for him. He examined the gun, running his fingers along its pristine surface. He had never seen anything like this before and knew he would need to take great care of it.

Suddenly, he heard a noise from the corner of the room. He spun around and was met with an ominous figure standing in the shadows. It was tall and cloaked in darkness, but he could make out its glowing eyes watching him intently. "Who are you?" he asked, his voice trembling as fear coursed through his body.

The figure stepped forward into the light and he saw that it was a woman, her face expressionless and her eyes blank. She opened her mouth to speak, but instead she walked closer to him, examining him. He felt a chill run down his spine - something was off about her.

Banda tried to back away, but his feet were rooted to the ground. The woman finally spoke, her voice cold and emotionless. "My name is [name]... Banda Sunato... Right? The murderer who killed four women."

He felt a rush of panic course through him and suddenly he was able to move again. He stumbled back, his heart pounding in his chest. "What do you want from me?" Banda demanded, getting angry.

She tilted her head slightly, studying him with her blank eyes for a long moment before replying simply: "No, no. why are you here? This is my parents' cabin" He realized, with a start, that he was in the wrong place. He started to stammer out an apology but [name] cut him off. "No need to apologize; I am not angry." She said quietly. "But why were you here? What brought you here?" Banda hesitated for a moment before answering truthfully; he told her about his life, about his murders, and why he had been searching for a safe place to get away from the police.

[Name] nodded slowly as he spoke and stared intently. When he was finished she stood up and walked over to him and leaned close to his face. "Do... you need my help to help you escape from the police?" She asked while tilting her head.

Banda was taken aback by her offer, but he could see in her eyes that she truly meant it. After a moment of contemplation he nodded silently and thanked her before standing up. Together they plotted his escape, [Name] supplying him with the supplies and money needed to make the journey. Even though this was going against everything she believed in, she knew that it would be worth it for him to be happy.

The two of them were careful not to be seen as they made their way out of the city. [Name] gave him a map and some supplies for his trip before she had to say goodbye. The man thanked her for all that she had done and told her that he would remember it forever. He then disappeared into the night, leaving [Name] standing alone in the middle of a back ally.

✧_____________________________✧
Author's note ♡
This is actually my first time writing a fanfic, hehe
Hope y'all like it :)
I am not really a good writer, as seen from my English results but I'll try my best to make the story interesting!
✧_____________________________✧