❥ Chapter 2

With a heavy heart, [Name] started to make the long journey back to her home. As she trudged along the paths, she thought about how different life could have been for them if he had not been forced to flee. She knew that it was unlikely that they would ever see each other again and it made her sad. Still, she held onto the hope that one day they would be reunited.

The night grew colder and [Name]'s thoughts returned to the present moment. She realized that she had been walking for hours and was still far from home. Looking around, she realised that everyone has disappeared. All that remained was an empty path in front of her.

[Name] had no idea what to do next, so she kept walking. As she walked, she noticed something in the distance - A lit up building? [Name] walked towards the light and she found people, some looked as lost as her and some was staring at her with a hard stare. [Name] walked towards them, feeling a little intimidated but determined to find someone who may help her.

When [Name] entered the building, there was a robotic voice that spoke, “registration closed, number of players 14". A person with a hat then spoke up shyly, “ Excuse me but what is going on? What is this game thing?” [Name] shrugged to the person with the hat and she went to take a phone from the table.

The robotic voice spoke once again, “Path finder. This game is your chance to prove yourself! The rules are simple, you must find a way out of this place and the only thing that can help is the clues given by me.”

[Name] nodded in agreement as she examined her surroundings. As she tried to make sense of it all, another person spoke up, “What are the winning conditions?”

The robotic voice replied, “Whoever five can find the way out of this place will be declared the winner. The rules are, no violence allowed, no hurting other players and no using cheats like threatening players. You have a two hour time limit to find your way out of this. Be the first 5 to exit and survive, goodluck.”

[Name] looked around and asked, “May I know what is going on? Why is this game labeled as 8 of diamonds?” Someone replied, “We are in a different world where we have to play games to earn visa days. Once you run out of visa days, you die. The number on the cards are the number of visa days and the pattern is for the type of game.” [Name] thanked the person and went her seperate way.

She started to explore the area, looking for clues and any way out. The environment seemed endless but she kept grinding until she stumbled upon a hidden door in a wall. She opened the door carefully and found herself standing in an empty room with a small sign above it that read "Riddle Room"

Confused yet intrigued, [Name] entered the room and saw that there were puzzles written on the wall in a language she didn't recognize. She approached them cautiously and started to solve them one by one. With each puzzle solved, more got revealed to her until she reached the final riddle that said:

"The answer is time, but when will you find it?"

At these words, all the puzzles disappeared from the walls and a large hourglass appeared in their place.

Curious, she picked it up and examined it closely. She noticed that there were some strange symbols written on its side that seemed to be directions or instructions of some sort. After studying them for a while, she realized they were telling her how to use the hourglass - when the top half was full, she could turn it over and a portal would open that would take her to the mysterious location.

Following the instructions, she filled up the hourglass with sand and turned it over. She braced herself for what was about to come next but nothing happened at first. Then suddenly, a brilliant light engulfed her and when it faded away.

The robotic voice spoke again, “Game cleared.” [Name] left through a door with the green neon sign saying ‘exit’ and was greeted with a white table and a 8 of diamond card. She took the card and went to the closest building.

✧_____________________________✧
Author's note ♡
I'm kinda surprised I had the motivation to update another chapter but here I am :)
How y'all will enjoy <3
✧_____________________________✧