Chapter 11 - I don't have a 'mood'.

From the hospital I went directly to Thorn his house, I needed to talk to him

"What happened with you Rose?" He asked when he opened the door. "Did Hugo break up or something?"

"No! I went to see Lucas." I sneered when I walked in his house. "Aren't Mia and Sophia home?"

"No, they went swimming with Sophia's sister. Girl's time."

I dropped on his couch "why did you threw the food on his bed?" I asked Thorn.

"He was being an ass. I asked him about physio, getting used to his new balance, using a prosthesis. He got angry and threw his trash at me. I picked it up and threw it back. Childish I now, but he was ..."

"Impossible?" I asked.

"Yeah."

"I said something about Hailey, and he threw my laptop against the wall."

Thorn shook his head "Hailey has always been a sore topic for him. Every time they were on a break, she was with someone else. Everyone knew it but everytime he took her back."

"Did he know?"

"He must have heard the gossip. So, what happened today?"

I pulled the MacBook out my bag "he bought me this. It was delivered at my work. I went to give it back to him. Of course, he refused. I told him that I would accept it if I could take him for a walk in a wheelchair, or if he would start physio, or if he would tell me what happened."

"What did he say?"

"He refused so I left, but just when I was ready to walk out, he started talking about what happened."

"Luc told you!?" Thorn sounded surprised.

"He sure did." And then I told him everything that Lucas told me and what happened after.

Thorn was quiet after everything but stood up and pulled two beers out of the fridge. Handing me one he sighed and dropped back on the couch.

"What do you think?" he asked me after a while.

"I don't think that he was driving." I said to him, looking in his hazel eyes.

"No, that's what I thought too. Something isn't adding up." He replied.

He sat back on the couch and placed his feet on the coffee table while I sat down next to him, resting my head against his shoulder. We were both gone in our own thoughts while we drank our beer in silence.

The silence was cut with a ping from my phone, I pulled it out my purse and looked at what I had received. Lucas had sent me a picture of himself with the physiotherapist and 'you were right! Can you send me your number?'

I showed it to Thorn, and he narrowed his eyes at the last part of his message. "Why does he need your number? Does he know that you have Hugo?"

I giggled "Thorn, I don't think that Lucas is interested in me like that!"