Chapter 23 - I can't fall for him.

When I first woke up from an alarm that wasn't mine, I freaked out a bit, especially when I noticed that I still had my clothes on

When I first woke up from an alarm that wasn't mine, I freaked out a bit, especially when I noticed that I still had my clothes on. Why on earth would I go to sleep in a jeans short? Opening my eyes, I was met with a somewhat unfamiliar room and an arm wrapped tightly around my waist. Then I remembered watching a movie with Lucas, I must have fallen asleep here.

I reached out to his phone to turn off his alarm, not knowing his password I tried 1234 and to my surprise I was right from the first try. Shaking my head at him for not finding a better password I shut off the alarm and I dropped it back on his nightstand.

At that moment he groaned, and the sound travelled through my whole body. I stood up from the bed trying to keep some distance between our body's when his right hand patted the empty space next to him, searching for something "Rosie" he mumbled. Not wanting to wake him up I went closer and took one of the pillows and placed it in his arms. I ran my fingers through his soft black hair, it was even softer than I remember, soothing him back to sleep.

"I'm here Lucas" I whispered to him while he groaned in satisfaction. I smiled down at him and placed a kiss on his forehead before I took my stuff and left his room.

Following the noise, I entered the kitchen where Gail was preparing breakfast. "Good morning, Gail."

"Good morning, Rose, do you want a coffee? And eggs? Bacon?"

"Yes, to all of them, if that's not too much to ask, I can also go home and ..."

"Nonsense, sit Rose. I will bring it to you right away." I nodded and took a seat. "Is Lucas still asleep?" she asked.

"Yeah, I let him sleep, I hope he can sleep for a few more hours."

"That's good, since the accident he doesn't sleep that well. He never told us, but we know that he has nightmares from the accident."

"He has?" I asked surprised.

"That's why he slept so much in the hospital during the day. He was tired, so I'm happy that he is still asleep."

"I'm sorry that I stayed over without telling in advance."

"You both are adults Rose, no need to ask me for a sleepover." She chuckled while she handed me my coffee with a lot of milk and some sugar. She remembered, I smiled at her in thanks. "And you are good for our son."

I waved her away "I'm not doing much Gail." She handed me my plate with eggs and bacon and took a seat next to me, patting my hand "you are doing a lot, my son while deny it but I believe that he is falling for you." I frowned  "Don't make that face. We all see it and I know that you're just coming out of a long relationship, but I really hope that you both fall for each other."

I shook my head "I could easily fall for him Gail. Even though he is often grumpy I do like him... a lot but I don't think he is over Hailey. I don't think he ever will be."