Chapter 21 - go away!

Tuesday (June 8), I got a message from my brother asking if I could pass by his work

Tuesday (June 8), I got a message from my brother asking if I could pass by his work. His college had found something.
'I can stop by during my lunch' I messaged him back. I wouldn't wait till after work, I was too curious. I let Laura know where I went and that she could call me if they needed me.

I walked towards the Fire station where Thorn works.

"Hello everyone, is Thorn inside?" I greeted his colleagues that were sitting outside.

"I will go get him." One of the younger guys told me.

"Thank you."

5 minutes later Thorn and a colleague came back outside, and we took a seat while Thorn introduced me to Michael. "Nice to meet you Rose."

"You to Michael. So, what did you found out?" I asked.

"Well, since I'm not a licensed private detective yet, it's harder to get access to camera footage, however via a friend I found someone who works at that restaurant where your friend was that evening. Late last night I received all camera footage from that night."

"Really?" I asked, surprised that it would be so easy.

"Yes, we are lucky that the restaurant has many camera positions. I still need to go through all the footage of that evening, but I think we have already found something interesting." He smiled at me.

"And?" I asked eagerly, because now I was even more curious.

"I'll show you." He opened a video on his tablet and scrolled fast through it till he found the part that he wanted to show us. "They have at the main entrance two camara's. This is from one off them."

He hit play and we watched Lucas's step outside, he really looked sick, he whipped of his forehead and stumbled a bit. Then he started vomiting, he held himself up against the wall. Next a women came out, I assume Hailey. She was on her phone, she watched Lucas but never reacted to him being sick.

'We are meeting the others at the club' we heard her say to him.

He shook his head 'take an uber, I can't drive. And neither can you.'

Hailey started laughing with him and walked towards the car 'I'll bring you home.' We heard her say.

The car was parked outside camera range, Lucas groaned and muttered something and stumbled out of sight. Not even a minute later we heard the car engine roar.

"That's all?" I asked disappointed.

"No, wait a sec. This is from the second camera." Michael said, and he clicked to another video.

We saw the car pass by from another angle. With a clear view on the driver seat...

Thorn and I glanced at each other "so, she was driving." I stated.