Chapter 1

Penelope still didn't understand what had happened to Colin last night, she had looked for him, she had asked Eloise where he was, nobody knew anything.
  And to think that for a moment she had believed that he was interested in her.  What a pathetic woman she was becoming, still with a teenage crush, she had to move on and find a husband!  By now she had understood that if she remained at the mercy of her mother, there would soon be another problem or scandal, her mother had a natural talent and she would never be free to live her life .
  -Ah Penelope here you are- said her mother-tomorrow you will go to Kent I have now heard that one of my distant aunts has passed away, there is still a bachelor cousin who is looking for a wife to run her manor ...-
  At Penelope she clinked her cup of tea that she was holding in her hands, she couldn't believe her ears.  Sometimes God hears prayers before they are said to him...
  It didn't seem real to Portia either, she needed a male nephew to make sure her possessions stayed that way, a distant cousin outside her and a distant cousin inside her, who knew.
  -So, since Felicity has yet to debut, you're the only one who can.  You will bring Felicity as a bridesmaid.  Portia stopped to catch her breath and look at her daughter.
  Maybe this season, having lost her teenage weight and become more of a woman, she could find a husband.  But she could not miss this opportunity.
  -You have nothing to say?  Portia asked suspiciously.
  -Have I ever had a say with you mother?  she-she said she trying to sound annoyed.... which she kinda was.  Having confirmation that her mother had no respect for her made her feel sad.
  - Penelope dear at the age of 23 if you want to have children, you have to find a husband.  And what does a mother who loves her children do?  I found you husband!  -
  -Actually, he's the one who came to look for a wife, but if that's what you want, I'll do it.  I'm going to say hello to the Bridgertons before getting ready, am I allowed to be a mother or have you already arranged everything?  -
  Portia had the good grace not to argue and blush.  She saw her daughter leave the room in silence and she was alone.
  Penelope couldn't breathe, she didn't imagine that what she wanted was coming true.  But a sense of anguish had gripped her immediately after and she thought of the person she least imagined ... Colin.  What did Colin have to do with it, a teenage crush.  She didn't have to think about it.

  Bridgerton house
  Violet had been warned by the valets that Penelope would soon be visiting and she had tea and biscuits made.  She adored that girl who had become like another daughter to her, and she didn't hide in the slightest her desire for her to become a very sweet wife for Colin.
  She went to look for her son, no one had found him since yesterday.
  Colin was where no one had been for a long time, only he had taken refuge there since he was a child and only he had the key to his father's small studio.  He could hear the servants and his mother calling to him.  It was like being a child again when in moments of crisis and melancholy, he took refuge without anyone finding him.  Only once and only one person had found it.  Penelope.
  Just thinking about Colin made her feel a great rage.

  Penelope arrived at the Bridgerton house with some anxiety, she in fact she didn't know if she in fact the Bridgertons cared about what she would do with her life but she loved them.
  -Penelope dear, you look lovely this morning.  Violet said kissing her forehead.
  Penelope couldn't resist she started crying bitterly, and she didn't know why.
  -Oh my god, what's wrong baby.... - Violet got worried and Eloise, as soon as she entered the room, ran towards him.
  -What she did to you .... this is the right time to commit fraticide!  -
  Both Violet and Penelope said.
  -What??  -
  -What did Colin do to you, there must be a reason why he is not seen around.  -
  -Colin did nothing to me Eloise!  How can you think such a thing!  I have to leave tomorrow, my mother has found me a husband in a distant cousin, she has a manor in Kent.  And that's why I cry.  Ehh ehh something so sudden that I don't know how to deal with it ...- she said wiping her eyes and feeling all the burden of the situation on her that she still didn't see the greatness of her.
  Both Violet and Eloise were speechless...and also Colin who listened to everything from the ajar door.  In fact, a moan came from Colin's mouth.  He had already started drinking that morning, might as well continue and hoist the glasses at the next wedding of the season ...