TWENTY-THREE

⊱ ──────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ──────── ⊰

𝗙𝗢𝗥𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗥 𝗪𝗜𝗡𝗧𝗘𝗥

CHAPTER TWENTY-THREEguess who's back again? (nobody'sexcited about it)

guess who's back again? (nobody's
excited about it)

⊱ ──────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ──────── ⊰

"WHAT YOU GOT for us, Cisco?" Barry's voice asked over the comms.

Juliet teleported next to him in a deserted alleyway, brushing some hair out of her face. All morning, they had been canvassing the city, stopping thieves and helping people. It was refreshing, really — after basically being no use their last fight, Juliet was glad to be able to do something.

"You've been playing Good Samaritan all morning," Cisco replied, sounding tired. "Take a break. Maybe give each other some attention."

"Oh, please," Juliet voiced, leaning against the wall casually. "You know Barry's been giving me his upmost attention ever since I got taken by the Turtle."

Barry looked over at her. "I'm trying to keep myself sane."

"Whatever makes your little heart happy, babe."

"Runaway chemical transport truck heading south on Kester," Cisco announced.

"On it," Barry confirmed, nodding his head to Juliet. "Let's go."

Juliet teleported a little ways up on Kester. Sure enough, a chemical truck was coming her way, followed by police cars with wailing sirens. She watched as Barry got into the drivers seat, which was empty.

"Hey, I can't stop the truck, somebody rigged it," Barry stated.

"You can't let that truck crash," Cisco insisted. "If you do, you'll take out a whole city block."

"I've got it," Juliet responded.

Her eyes narrowed in concentration. At once, her mind connected to the truck. She lifted up her hands, red energy traveling between them. She started to make the truck screech to a stop, and right before it hit an intersection, she turned the whole thing off. It stopped completely, and Juliet dropped her hands. A police officer got out of his car and ran up to the truck right as Barry sped out of it.

Barry held up a hand. "Nice."

Juliet hit her hand against his. "Thanks."

"Nice!" Cisco exclaimed. "Now can you please, please take a break?"

Juliet offered Barry a smile. "Coffee?"

"Barry, JJ, we need you back here, stat," Cisco ordered, now sounding very serious.