•Chapter 6•

┌── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┐

TRUE SOURCE OF A WOMAN'S POWER

(P-5)

└── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┘

You swiped your wrist at your forehead, wiping off a drop of sweat as you glanced at the clock.

6:35 pm

Looking back at the daemons men as you huffed. Asch was mocking Lief who was complaining about how the ice pack was "too cold". Noi who was sitting up straight as Rhys lightly dabbed a bag of frozen peas on his nose. Then there was Pierce who was standing beside you, tending to his own bruises with an ice pack.

You hummed as you also started to process all the information the men provided as you tended to them. It was interesting really, but nowhere near trustable.

You were snapped out of your thoughts as Noi screamed as Rhys stood over him, staring at the broken bag of frozen peas then at the peas that covered the couch and Noi with wide eyes.

Noi panicked as he looked at the peas, then at Rhys, then slowly but surely..You.

You looked at him with deadpanned eyes as Lief bursted out laughing, Asch scoffed and Pierce blinked at the scene.

As Rhys snapped out of his shock he looked at you and started to explain how he didn't know what caused the bag to burst and spill the small green balls everywhere.

You huffed as you explained that it was probably because of the grip Rhys had on the bag due to pure concentration and the fact that his sharp nails were digging into the plastic bag. Which dumbfounded Rhys as he apologised.

"It's fine, no need to apologise if you didn't mean to" you said as you waved him off. "It's been 15 minutes already so it's fine, plus those peas are probably expired with how long they've been stuck in Ava's fridge.." you said, mumbling the other half of the sentence.

"Oh" Both Rhys and Noi said with dumbfounded looks. Which caused Lief to cackle even more as Asch grew irritated of the boy's laugh and shoved a piece of a blanlet in his mouth which caused him to choke.

The two boys started arguing as you sighed. Glancing at Ava's room, then at the time again.

'Ava hasn't had dinner yet.' you thought as you grabbed your phone in your pocket, which alerted the daemos and all went silent.

"Relax. I'm just gonna order food. I'm not gonna call reinforcements." you said as you started to make your order. After picking what you wanted, you knocked on Ava's door before coming in.

"Ava? McDonald's for dinner, what do you want?" you asked as the once drowsy Ava immediately went wide awake and technically yelled her order in excitement.

"Oh! Oh! AND A HAPPY MEAL!!" she said after listing a meal for 3 people which you happily ordered in your phone, not missing a thing. Especially the happy meal.

"Anything else?" you asked as Ava's eyes shined before pausing at the realisation that she was asking for too much. "N-N-Nah that'll be all..hehe.." she said with a sweatdrop.

You raised a brow at her behaviour as you saw through her lies. "Just to remind you I'm a billionaire and there's no such thing as asking for too much for me." you stated as you leaned on her doorway with an unconvinced expression.

This caused Ava to sweatdrop knowing you saw through her before smiling sheepishly.

"I-I just wanted one more large fries.." she mumbled, embarrassed as you gave her a small proud smile and nodding.