Chapter 7

After what felt like an eternity, the car suddenly stopped, and it was then that Ballsie realized that they have arrived at the entrance of the exclusive neighborhood. Tori rolled down the car window and spoke to the guard at the entrance gate. They exchanged pleasantries and the guard finally opened the gate so their car could enter. As the gate opened, Tori closed his car window and drove forward.

"That's Gardo, the guard," Tori looked back at Ballsie with a naughty gleam in his eyes. "I know, what a fitting name, right? He is always at the guard house. Now Ballsie, HE is off limits," he wiggled his eyebrows up and down and smiled. Ballsie chuckled and shook her head. She knew right then and there that her and Tori would get along well.

"Tori, stop joking around!" Manang Susan called him out with a wry smile. "Ballsie, hija. We are almost at the house, get your things ready, ok? You only have two bags?"

"Yes, Manang. Just this shoulder bag and my small duffle bag."

The car made a right turn and stopped at the cul-de-sac. Tori got down from the car and quickly opened the tall and intricately designed iron gate that led to the house.

Ballsie looked ahead in disbelief as she gazed at the biggest house she had ever seen in her life. Calling it a house would be an understatement; the "house" was a modern contemporary mansion - not too massive, but definitely the biggest house Ballsie had ever seen in her life. The facade of the house was completely illuminated by bright lights and the windows were big enough that if it were daylight, the whole house would just be engulfed with natural light from the outside.

Tori parked the car at the spacious driveway and got out of the car. He opened the backseat door and helped Manang Susan out.  Ballsie followed suit, carrying her belongings with her.

"Here, let me help you with your bag," Tori offered a lending hand as he walked side by side with her to the front door. "Hey, you asked Manang earlier what Sir Dylan is like. I can describe him for you if you'd like. Two words. PANTY. DROPPER. Hehe!" 

"Ate Tori!" Ballsie exclaimed wide eyed. "I can't believe you said that! Manang might hear you." 

"Well, it's true. See for yourself! Tell me later if I'm wrong," Tori challenged her. 

"Come on you two, hurry up," Manang Susan led the way to the front wooden door. As she opened it, Ballsie and Tori followed along. 

Ballsie's jaw dropped as she entered the foyer. The house had a high ceiling and there was a five-tiered empire chandelier decked with Swarovski crystals that hung overhead. The foyer also had Calacatta marble flooring and walls.  From the foyer, you could see that the first floor was pretty much designed as an open space; beyond the foyer, you could see a spacious living room area and to its right is a state-of-the-art kitchen. There was a wooden spiral staircase to her left that led to the second floor of the house. 

"Come, Ballsie. I think Dylan might be in the lanai. Tori, put Ballsie's duffle bag in the guest room. I will just introduce her to Dylan first," Manang directed them both to the living room.

"Ok Manang, will do. I will go back to my room too, just call me if you need anything," Tori replied back. 

Tori nodded to Ballsie as he prepared to leave the room. But before completely leaving, he tried to get Ballsie's attention one last time. 

"Remember what I told you! Panty dropper," he whispered loudly as he disappeared with her bag in tow. 

Ballsie just shook her head as she picked up her pace to catch up with Manang Susan who was already heading to the outside porch. She passed by the kitchen and a temperature-controlled glass wine cellar that she did not notice from the foyer. 

"Wow," Ballsie thought. Dozens of wines were in the glass cellar all lined up perfectly in wooden racks. 

Ballsie stopped in her tracks when she saw Manang open the French doors leading to the lanai. It was then she realized her palms were sweaty and her throat had become dry. The nerves that had disappeared before, were now back in full force. 

She was about to get her bottled water from her shoulder bag to relieve the dryness in her throat when he appeared. 

HIM. 

Just like in movies, Ballsie's world came to a full stop, and everything seemed to be in slow-motion.

She looked at him in complete awe - tall and confident in his stride, he can easily give any of those famous K-Drama actors a run for their money. 

Dylan appeared wearing a navy two-piece suit that fit his frame perfectly. He was clean shaven, his skin was soft and supple, and he looked at her with the most intense chinito eyes. Ballsie couldn't help but look at his full lips as he licked them before extending his hand for an introductory handshake. 

"Ballsie, nice to meet you. I'm Dylan." 

Ballsie, still in a dream-like state, could only remember what Ate Tori mentioned earlier. 

"No, Ate Tori," Ballsie thought to herself as she stared intently at Dylan. "He's more than a panty dropper, he's a heartstopper."