-01-

The discovery...

Maria's hands trembled as she picked up her phone, knowing that what she was about to see would shatter her world. The screen displayed a message from an unknown number, but Maria knew who it was from. She took a deep breath and swiped to unlock her phone.

"Hey, baby, can't wait to see you tonight. Missed you so much. XOXO," the message read.

Maria's heart sank as she read the words. She had suspected her husband, John, of cheating on her for months, but seeing the evidence in black and white was a new level of pain. Tears streamed down her face as she realized that she had been living in denial all this time.

How could John do this to her? They had been together for ten years and had built a life and a family together. They had been through ups and downs, but Maria thought their love was strong enough to withstand anything. She never imagined that her husband could betray her in such a devastating way.

As she stared at her phone, Maria's mind raced with questions. Who was the other woman? How long had this been going on? Was it a one-time thing or an ongoing affair? Maria knew that she needed answers, but she also knew that confronting John would be a painful and difficult conversation.

Maria felt like she was drowning in a sea of betrayal and heartbreak. The idea of ever trusting again seemed impossible. She knew that the road ahead would be long and difficult, but one thing was clear - the wounds of infidelity cut deep, and time alone would not heal them.

With a heavy heart, Maria set down her phone and leaned back against the couch. She closed her eyes and let out a deep sigh, trying to steady her breathing and calm her racing thoughts. She knew that she had to face this head-on, but for now, all she could do was sit with the pain and try to figure out what to do next.