Chapter 28

"OMG!" Ned exclaims. "Black Widow! Captain America! Natasha Romanoff! Steve Rogers!"

"That's us..." Steve says, looking confused. "Peter, I thought you where going to meet us out front?"

Peter had totally forgotten about that. "Uhhh... my text didn't go through."

"He didn't text you," MJ states, blatantly, staring at Nat intently.

"Ah. You must be MJ. We've heard a lot about you," Nat smiles at her.

"Listen, I just heard some really weird reality shifting news that my brain is resetting to, so don't tease me right now."

"You told her?" Steve blurts. "Peter... you're only a kid..."

"What?!" Peter says offensively. "She's my best friend-- one of two..." he says, pointing one hand at Ned and the other at MJ. 

"Yeah! We needed a lookout to make sure I don't die!" Ned adds.

"I'm not sure I want to sign up for that--"

"I don't wanna die!!!"

"Calm down!" Nat yells. "You both have to swear on everything you hold dear not to let Peter's secret get out. If you don't... something bad will happen to every single member of your family and then you." She turns menacing.

"Auntie Nat!" Peter exclaims.

"I mean it," she growls.

"I... I can vouch that you'll at least go to jail." Steve tries to be threatening, but he fails.

"aHhHhHhHhHhHhH!" MJ tilts her head back and yells. "My brain is loading! Give me a minute to process your threats!"

"Highschoolers," Nat rolls her eyes.

Ned looks star struck. "My best friend calls the Black Widow Auntie..." he mutters.

"He calls me uncle," Steve interjects.

Ned flops over in the grass.

"My friends' brains just broke!" Peter leaps to his feet. MJ hasn't stopped screaming. "Okay, we can go."

"No!" Steve interrupts, "we got to make sure they're okay!"

"fineeee...." Peter pokes Ned, who jerks back awake.

"What? Where? The hulk?"

MJ still is screaming. "MJ!" Peter yells over her. "What's wrong!"

"Besides the fact that you're an insect?"

"ARACHNID!"

Ned's turn to yell.  

"Can we just go?" Nat rolls her eyes.

"Are your friends brains secure?" Steve asks, in all seriousness.

"I don't know!"

"Should we take them with us?" Steve adds.

Ned shuts up, pulls out his phone, and texts his mom. MJ's hand also reaches for her phone.

"Is Mr. Stark okay with that?"

"Tony? He wants you to have a life."

"I have a life, Uncle Steve--"

"It's settled. They're coming." Nat shrugs and starts walking away.

Ned grabs his back pack and follows her, Steve close behind. "Guys!" Peter yells, grabbing his backpack.

"MJ, you coming?"

"Y-yeah. I think so."

"Cool. Lets go then."

And thus Ned and MJ were about to enter the prank war...

Sorry for the short chapter! I promise the next one will be really long. Or at least substantial.

Anyway! Feed back appreciated. Votes, comments, all greatly incouraged.

Thank you all! Have a good week!