32

Loki mews restlessly, pacing in front of Peter's window. After several minutes of trying desperately to get the spiderling's attention, Loki had given up, at least for the moment, allowing himself some time to formulate a plan. Even if Loki was a kitten, he still had his mind, as sharp as a tack.

--Or it used to be. The kitten side of the Asgaurdian stops walking to watch a plane soaring above New York's sky scrapers, emerald green eyes glowing. Loki snaps himself out of it, glaring at the fluffy carpet, where the floor meets the window.

He slowly lays down, trying to avoid distractions. Peter had decided that his feline friend's agitation was from hunger, putting a bowl of tuna fish, left untouched, on the floor. Hopefully the boy would realize and try to do something!

In the past few months, Loki has been trying to block out his memories. Though some would get drunk, he doubted this midgaurdian creature's immune system could withstand any kind of mead, asgaurdian or otherwise, and allowed himself to do something he'd never been able to afford before-- quit focusing on himself. Instead he allowed himself to envelop his attention and ability into helping, or sometimes hindering, others. Peter and the sokovian boy where two good examples of this habit.

Now, however, Loki had to pull himself together, stop letting his kitten side take over and focus on a plan to make Peter understand he needed to get to Thor-- but did he. Loki covers his head in his paws, agitated. 

Thor was the one he had wronged over and over. Thor was the one who Odin justified Loki's imprisonment for. Thor was the one who assumed he was dead for his crimes. Thor had the ability to punish him further-- to humiliate him in front of the Avengers-- in front of Peter, by revealing his true identity, effectively banishing him from any life or any chance to be brought back to his former glory that earth had to offer for a asgaurdian god, exiled and imprisoned in kitten form.

But Thor was also the only one who could bring him back, undo this horrid transformation and free him, at least-- save Odin.

Loki paws at the ground, angrily. Knowing how kind and gullible-- forgiving, Thor was, this was his best chance-- possibly his only chance. He would have to make sure the Spiderling let him out of his quarters when Thor arrived.

Then-- maybe, he could get Thor to see who he really was. Loki allows his eyes to lose focus on the world outside the window, and instead see his feline reflection in the glass. It would help that his name was tattooed onto his forehead-- and all over him.

Curse Odin for this infernal form! Loki feels like he's yelling, but it comes out as a string of mews, getting Jeb-- oh, Peter had said his name was Ned's-- attention.

"Peter-- I think your cat is mad."

Thanks for pointing that out you obvious fool. Loki glowers at the child. If only Captain America and Ironman had your level of intellect. Then this world would have succumbed to my rule, and I WOULD'NT BE HERE!!!

Loki glares as Peter picks him up, mentally grumbling about how if Scary Red Wi-- Wanda Maximoff would just try and read his mind--

Peter holds him so that their eyes are level, brown eyes to blue. Loki mews, though still fuming. "What's wrong buddy? Was that game too much?" The spiderling asks, actually sounding concerned.

Although that game had been overwhelming, and seemingly pointless, that was not it. How could he get his point across to this warrior! If all else failed, he supposes he can rely on his teleporting abilities--

Except those hurt! Why couldn't Wanda just take a peak into his mind! WANDA!

"He looks mad--" MJ starts, sounding cautious. "Maybe you should put him down-- before he like-- eats you."

Loki is incredulous. He would never eat Peter-- or anyone! No matter Odin's atrocious claims involving Frost Giants and the grinding of bones-- that he had believed when he tried to commit xenocide over their entire species before realizing he was one himself--

Loki slumps to the ground as Peter sets him down. If only his life was as simple as Thor's-- just smashing and listening to Odin-- but it had never been that way. No matter how hard he'd tried as a youngster, Odin had always known his true identify as one of the monsters in the fables told to all asgaurdian children. 

Eventually Loki had stopped trying to be strong and smash things like Thor-- his mother had taught him magic, and he'd always been clever. Sadly cleverness made things happen-- like his mother's death.

Heyyyyyy everbody.

I know its been a minute, but I'm back. No promises, but hopefully I will be more regular about updating. I think this story might be starting to wrap up-- but at the same time there is so much I've planned for-- so... he he he. Prolly not.

I LOVE YOU GUYS! PLEASE HAVE A GOOD DAY!!!

Oh-- so... if anyone has any questions about chapter 26... we don't talk about chapter 26.

LOVE YA! BYEEE!