Chapter : 8 HE SAYS HE LOVES ME

"We missed you so much! How are you doing sweetheart? Kim, we didn't bother you by our sudden visit, right?" my mother asked with tears in her eyes.

"Aunty, it's your daughter's home. You do not need anyone's permission to visit her. In fact it took you so long to come, you should visit her often. I know she misses both of you."

I looked at Papa and tears were flowing down his cheeks.

"When will you stop calling us like that? She's our only child and we want her husband to call us Ma and Papa. Come on, we'd love it if you call us like that."

"OK Ma, I'm sorry" his warm smile gave them peace of mind, it assured them that I was safe with him and was loved by him.

Papa was so happy when he played chess with him, he always said he wanted to play and defeat my husband in chess. Though he lost that day, I could feel his happiness.

Ma cooked a lot of delicious food and was happy to have fed both of her children.

My parents left with smiles on their faces, they were glad to know that their son-in-law was deeply in love with their daughter and their happy faces made me feel relaxed too.

" So shall we finish what we started?" he grabbed my waist and looked at me with his mischievous smile and I knew what he was talking about.

"I 'm tired, I want to sleep." And I ran upstairs.

It was all like a dream. Even that moment felt like a beautiful dream. We were laying on the bed side by side, him caressing my hair and looking into my eyes while I was wrapped around by his arms. But it was time to wake up. I freed myself from his grip and sat up.

"Why are you suddenly so good to me? The person who didn't even talk to me is suddenly so much in love with me. I'm confused and this confusion is giving me a headache. It all happened so quickly that I didn't get enough time to understand the situation. To be honest, I was happy, happy because my husband made me feel loved but now I'm ready to face the reality. So tell me, why did you suddenly change so much? Did your father tell you to pretend to love me? If so please tell me, I don't think I can take it anymore. These few hours have been the most beautiful ones I've had since we got married. But I don't need fake love in my life even if it is beautiful, so I beg you to tell me the truth."

I was looking down because I didn't dare to look at him while he says he was following his father's orders. I was waiting for his answer with my heart beating like a drum.

"Is that what you think?" He pulled me toward him, looking straight into my eyes he said,"Do you think I was pretending to be in love with you all day today?"

He grabbed my hand and put it on his chest, I could hear his heart pounding. "I love you!" he said with his hands cupping my chin and eyes like a lost puppy.

** Suggestions are always welcome.