1

My brother Jalal was laughing and playing. He was sweet, like any five year old would be. I smiled, pulling back my brown hair in a high ponytail. It was sunny and the sea breeze was soft and cool on my skin. I enjoyed it a lot. The breeze made me visit the seaside often. I always brought my little brother along.

It had been an hour and we still hadn't gone back home. It was getting dark so I checked the time, confirming my internal clock that it was seven in the evening. "Jalal! We need to go home! Its late." I yelled, standing up and running to where my brother was. I picked up the laughing child just as it started to get windy. Thunder boomed in the sky leaving behind the brightness from lightning. My eyes widened. It didn't start to rain that fast. It didn't even look like it would rain today.

"Maria, I'm scared." Jalal softly spoke. I looked at my brother as he hid his face in my scarf. I frowned slightly. "Jalal, it's only the rain man. You don't need to be scared." I cooed to him as I carried him to the car.

As I was walked to the car, I head a loud splash behind me. Turning around I saw something I never expected to see. A large airborne ship had landed on the sea. It was moving towards the shore and I was too shocked to move away. "Maria? What is that?" Jalal asked me. I looked down at the little boy and hugged him close. "Its nothing. Don't worry." I whispered. I turned around and got Jalal and myself seated in the car. I quickly drove off to our house occasionally looking in the rear view mirror just to be on the safe side. I had hear about Aliens ruling over some areas of the planet. If this was one of their ships then I was not going to let my brother be in harms way.

*

The next morning I woke Jalal up. It was just me and him in the house. My family had died in a terrorist attack 3 years ago. Jalal doesn't remember our parents. I don't intend to tell him either. "Jalal, eat you breakfast properly." I said, noticing that he was playing around with his food. "I want ice cream." He said, pouting. I gave him a stern look that said 'No'. He sighed and finished his breakfast soon.

"Hey buddy, do you wanna go out?" I asked him. He smiled and nodded. I couldn't go back to the seaside while that ship was there. I would just take him to the park.

Soon we arrived at our destination. The park was wet with the scent of earth and nature. It was relaxing and fresh. I sat down on a bench, not caring if it was wet. Jalal played around with a loving dog that lived in the park. I had thought about taking the dog with us next time we came here and so I had the dog climb in the back seat.

I stopped by a departmental store and went in to get some necessary things for the dog. When I came out I notice that there was a huge shadow over us all. My first thought was to look up and when I did, I let out a scream from fear. I ran towards the car and took Jalal out and put a collar and leash on the dog. I ran towards a bus stop shed and took out my phone.

As I was dialling the emergency number, two men in blue suits grabbed ahold of me and Jalal. I knew there was no getting out of this. "My doggy!" Jalal screamed. I would do anything for my little brother. So, not caring about the consequences, I elbowed the man holding me and grabbed Jalal's dog.

The man grabbed me again. I didn't struggle this time. I let him take us as I knew there was no way out of this.