4

Jalal kept running around with the strange looking alien toy he got from Lin. Lin was another story though. I kept rubbing my temples from the headache I had gained thanks to his 'Company'. He would not shut up about whatever I was thinking and kept repeating every single word just as I thought it. In the end I was trying to smack his head just to shut him up.

"Jalal, Don't play too much or you'll tire yourself." I told him, narrowing my eyes so he'd obey. Sure, his health problem was dealt with but I being his older sister needed to make sure. Sure, he got 'fixed' as the aliens said it but, I was still human and he was still human. "I'm fine! I wanna play. Lin says I'm strong now and that I can play as much as I want." He replied, making me grunt in annoyance at Lin's way of handling children. Wait, Speaking of children I haven't even seen any kid around. My curiosity getting the best of me, I walked out of the room we were given and started to explore the ship. It was bigger than it looked on the outside which meant I could get lost easily. Shrugging the thought off, I still explored around.

"I said No!" I heard an argument coming from a door that was slightly ajar. They did say curiosity killed the cat.. But I wasn't a cat right? I went near the door and peeked inside. My cheeks flushed from embarrassment as I tried to get what I just saw out of my head. Nope Nope Nope.

"Moving on." I grumbled. I walked some more until I heard the sound of laughter. "Finally!" I whisper-yelled. I followed the sound which lead me to metallic double doors. I wasn't sure whether to open the door or just give up. I chose to open as just watching kids wouldn't be something I could get punished for.

I opened the door and came face to face with woman who had the most blue eyes I've ever seen. My jaw must have broken off and dropped to the floor as ALL of them turned to stare at me. Queue cricket sounds. "I um.." I started but shut up and gulped. I slowly started to back out of the door but as soon as I turned around to leave, someone grabbed my wrist which made me shut my eyes tight and chanted in my head, "Don't kill me, Don't eat me."

"Why are you leaving?" I heard a feminine voice ask. I opened my eyes and turned around to find a middle aged woman holding my wrist. Oh hell, Eran! I widened my eyes at the fact that the moment I think I'm in trouble, I called to him. Sure, It was in my head but, still. "Sorry, miss. I didn't mean to barge in, I swear! I-" Before I could say any further, she started giggling. I stared bluntly at her as her giggles turned into a full out laughter. Did I have something on my face? I brought my hand up to my face and started to rub whatever it was off my face. It seemed to make the woman laugh even more.

Ugh, I'm stupid. "Calm down, Child!" She said in between her laughs. I looked down at my feet and nodded slowly. For some reason I was pouting at the fact that I was being laughed at. Maybe I did have something on my face or maybe I just looked funny. "You really found a dime here Boy." She said, making me look up at her in confusion. She wasn't looking at me but at someone behind me. For some reason I felt a cold shiver run down my spine but the good kind.

I turned around to see Eran standing there with a ghost of a smile that he masked quickly with his stone cold expression. He had his arms crossed in front of him which made his muscles look so invit- Stop it, Maria! I shook my head like some puppy which made him smirk. "Wait, What did you just say?" I turned to look at the woman. She grinned and shook her head. "I'm Mina, Eran's mother." She told me, making me freeze on spot. Oh god. Save me, Is this woman listening to my thoughts? How does one make their brain pause the thinking process. As much as I tried, the more I think.

"Stupid brain." I muttered, getting ready to face a whole bunch of aliens as they gave me an unwanted spotlight.