Chapter 8: Chocolate

It had been a week since my trip to Underswap. And it was only now that I was finally working up the nerve to go again. I locked my door a threw on my coat, A chocolate bar from Cross's stash resting in one of the pockets.

I really needed to thank Chara for stick there neck out like that for me. Even if we just met. 

I took a deep breath; I reached out a hand and focused on Underswap, only this time I was also thinking about finding Chara. Just like before, a portal opened. I couldn't help but grin like an idiot, magic is so cool.

I stepped through the portal, finding myself in... Waterfall. I couldn't help the gasp of awe that escaped me. This place was even more beautiful than I imagined. The murmuring of the echo flowers, the gentle blue glow that surrounded the place, the soft sound of running water. I felt myself relax on the spot.

I had ended up in a secluded area of Waterfall, much to my relief, didn't need anyone else seeing me. With that thought, I pulled up my hood.

"Hey! it's you!"

I only just barely stopped my tendrils from shooting out in defense, wiping around to see Chara casually leaning against the cave wall.

I did my best to compose myself, 12 years of prince edict and I can't even keep myself from shrieking when every I'm surprised.

"I didn't think you would come back!" They said, bounding over to me with the concern of potato.

I could kill them so easily...

The thought surprised me... I've been hanging around my uncles too much.

"Did you bring it?" Their question snaped me out of my dark train of thought and I gave them a confused look.

They sighed. "The chocolate, dummy. repayment for saving your nonexistent ass."

"...Right." I said. I reached into my pocket and handed them the chocolate bar. Their eyes lit up as they took it from me.

"This is really from and alternate universe?" They asked, looking a bit skeptical. 

I nodded, Cross gets his stash from Underfell, just like Error does, I made sure it wasn't the spicy version though.

Chara examined the unfamiliar brand before tearing it open and taking a hesitant bite. I watched in amusement as their eyes widened. They hummed in delight as they proceeded to eat the rest of the chocolate with all the grace of a rabid wolf.

I clear my throat...somehow taking one late glance around before turning back to Chara. "Thank you...for what you did. I have to go now." It was best to cut off all contact now.

"No no wait! I never got your name!" I blinked, that was true, I never gave them my name...but was it wise to give away information like that...?

"I won't tell anyone if that's what your worried about." They said seriously, which was hard to take seriously because of the chocolate spears on their face.

After a moment of consideration, I caved. "It's Crescent." I say, leaving out the prince part, that would raise to many questions.

The human giggled. "Like the mark on your forehead?"

I rolled my eyes but couldn't stop the faint smile on my face. casual conversation was hard to come by in Nightmare's castle...for the first time in a long time I felt...relaxed.

"...I'll be back...probably." I said, and by probably I meant definitely.

"Cool! You can bring me more chocolate!" They said.

I would indeed bring them more chocolate.

A/N: *yeets this into existence and retreats back to my cave.*

A/N: Well at least the pronouns are right in THIS chapter. But this one is ALSO really short. Come ON! I KNOW you can write more! I believe in you past me!