Chapter 18

A-Ying was two months pregnant now  and Lan Zhan were busy waking him up with kisses on his forehead, his nose, his cheeks, chin and lips that earns him a satisfied hum from his mate who's eyes were still close. He slowly moved downwards to A-Ying's stomach as he did every morning lifting his sleeping shirt and place loving kisses on his tummy. That's when he felt it. A low rumble. At first he thought that he might have heard wrong and continued to pepper his mates stomach with light kisses and that's when he heard it again, but this time it was a growl. Confuse he looks up and saw that his mate was still asleep so he must've had imagined it. So he continues this time blowing raspberry kisses when he heard it again but this time it was louder. His mate was growling and his scent smells of anger and irritation. He lifts his head just to found his mate looking at him with red angry eyes and bearing his teeth at him. He slowly reach his hand out to touch his mats face but was shocked and stunned when his hand got slapped away harshly. " A-Ying what's wrong?". He asked with hurt and confusion in his voice. But the only answer he got was an angry look and another low warning growl. ' What did I do wrong. Everything was fine last night when they went to sleep right'. He thought to himself. He could feel the anger, fear and anxiety rolling of his mate and it's confusing him even more. He immediately let out his soothing and calming pheromones so sooth and calm his mate but for some reason it just made it worse, it's almost as if it's anger his mate even more. A-Ying immediately shifted into his wolf form towering over his sitting mate and growled the words out. " You think that you have the right to calm? You think that you have the right to touch me and my pup? I will rip you to pieces if you do it again do you hear me". All Lan Zhan could do is nod his head until his wolf mindlink him. ' Lan Zhan let me take over. Maybe I will be able to calm him down'. Lan Zhan close his eyes for a moment before he asked Wanji. ' Are you sure? I do not want to anger our mate even more'. Wanji just hum saying it will be fine, but everything was not because the moment Lan Zhan shifted things just went down hill almost immediately.

The moment Chenqing saw Wanji he jump him bitting almost his ear off before he even had a chance to speak. It took him by surprise and he had to take a second to get his bearings. He looked at his mate as they starting to circling each other not breaking eye contact. '"Chenqing''. He growled in low warning tone." What Wanji? ". Chenqing spat at his mate." Why are acting like this? What is wrong?. This time he asked more softly never stop circling each other. " Why you asked?. Because I am not losing another pup. I will not let anyone hurt my pup again. I will not let anyone kill my pup again". Chenqing growled out as his eyes turns lava red his scent spiking, anger and grieve rolling off him like a tidel wave. Wanji after hearing that whimpered in pain as recognition dawn upon him. He stopped in his tracks and slowly advancing towards his mate who also stopped but is back tracking at each step his mate took towards him. But Wanji did not waver until he was standing in front of his mate who now was cornered but Wanji made sure not to come off as non aggressive his ears flat at the sides of head. His tale tucked between his legs. He can see weariness in his mates eyes. The pain and hurt and it is hurting him as well. He took a submissive stance lowering his head and eyes slowly moving down tucking his fore and back paws in tail still between his legs and his ears stil flat. He laid down with his head on the floor. He tried to mindlink his mate who at first refused but he kept on trying until his mate eventually gave in. ' I was at fault. I never should have trusted them and because of that you and our pup had paid the price. I hope that you can forgive me for my incompetence and oversight. Today I make a new promise to you. I promise to always stand by you. I promise that no one will lay a hand on you or our pup. I will gladly lay down my life for the two of you if it means that it would keep you both safe. I will start a war or kill anyone who dare or try to hurt the two of you. You two are my family, my life, my peace, my everything '. Chenqing's eyes were filled with unshed tears as he laid down next to his mate.' I never blamed you for anything that had happened. I trust you more then I trust myself. There is nothing to forgive. I know that you will keep us safe. We are one. You are my world, my everything and I love you so much'. Chenqing said to him before he slowly starts to lick him. Wanji lifts his head eyes swimming with tears their scents slowly starting to change to content and happiness. Chenqing laid his head on his mates neck and not long soft snores were heard before Wanji also closes his eyes and let sleep engulf him. His head tucked into mates side and that's how Xichen found them after knocking twice without any answer. He smiled softly at them before he walked over to the bed and took a quilt and throw it over them. He walked out closing the door softly behind him and made his way towards the healers to inform them that the two would come by later for their check up.