🐉Students?🐉

Crowley was waiting for you all in the Mirror Chamber.  His eyes widened when Deuce showed him the magestone.  "Pardon?!  You're telling me you all actually went to the Dwarfs' Mine in search of a magestone?"

You all looked at each other.  "Uh... Yes?"

Crowley furrowed his brow.  "I didn't expect that you'd actually do it.  And never in my wildest imaginings did I think you would actually return with a magestone in hand!"  He sighed.  "I spent all evening preparing your expulsion documents."

You growled.  "Are you serious?!  While we were off risking our lives against some crazy monster in the mines, you were expelling us?!"

Crowley looked at you.  "Monster?"  You all nodded.

"There was a monster there."  Ace said, glaring at his headmage.  "A big and nasty one.  It nearly killed us!"

Crowley was quiet for a second.  "Would you kindly relate this story to me in full in my office?"

——————————

When you had all finished your retelling of the events at the Dwarfs' Mine, Crowley hummed.  "So a mysterious monster was living in the mines."  He looked at you all.  "And the four-"  (D/N) growled, prompting Crowley to correct himself.  "Five of you worked together to destroy it, and then brought the magestone back to me?"

Ace mumbled something along the lines of "I wouldn't really call it "working together"..."

Deuce nodded.  "It was more like we just happened to share the same goal at the same time..."

You rolled your eyes.  "What is it with you and not wanting to admit that you worked together?"

Your eyes all went wide when Crowley suddenly started sobbing.  You cast glances at each other, unsure of what to do.  "Why is an adult burstin' into tears in front of us...?"  Grim asked.  None of you were able to answer him.

"In all the years I've been headmage of this school...  The day has finally come when students of Night Raven College have joined hands together to defeat a common foe!"

Deuce choked.  "What?!  I did not hold this guy's hand!"

Ace frowned.  "Okay, one, there was no hand holding.  Gross.  And two, exactly how old are you, headmage?!"

Crowley ignored them.  "I am overwhelmed with emotion at this moment.  I am moved beyond words.  This incident confirms it."  He suddenly looked up and pointed at you, causing you to jump back a bit.  "(Y/N), my doubts are allayed!  For you...  You possess the talents of a beast tamer!"

You were feeling a tad nervous.  "A... beast tamer...?"

Crowley nodded.  "The students of Night Raven College are all budding wizards that have been selected by the Dark Mirror for their exceptional talent and potential.  However, great talent begents great pride and big egos.  Mast are so self-reliant and self-centered that they never even consider cooperating with others."

Grim huffed.  "You make it sound like that's a bad thing."

You looked at him.  "Uh... 'cause it is?"

Crowley continued.  "You possess no magic, (Y/N).  But perhaps that is precisely why you could give instructions to those who can and get them to work together towards a common goal."  He smiled.  "Perhaps that mediocrity and everyday, humdrum mundanity of yours is exactly what Night Raven College needs!"

You scowled.  "Wow, thanks for that."

Crowley ignored your sarcastic words.  "(Y/N)...  I am convinced that your existence is essential for the future of this academy.  My educator's intuition tells me so."  He looked to the two human boys.  "Trappola, Spade, I hereby revoke your pending expulsions!"  He then looked back at you.  "Furthermore, (Y/N)..."  A large smile made its way onto his face.  "I am granting you the qualifications necessary to attend Night Raven College as a student!"